Cleaning The Screen

Pleng

What are people using to clean their screens? Are normal screen wipes ok to use with a touchscreen?

Breath and hem of T-shirt. B)

You're British aren't you Pleng? Poundland are doing screenwipes last time I was in.

You can use some glasses cleaning solution and a lint free synthetic cloth that comes with the solution. I'd recommend spraying the solution on the cloth though, not the screen, to prevent the solution from getting into the side of the screen casing.

I'll just dunk mine in soapy water if it gets dirty. That's the best way, right guys?

Nova said:
I'll just dunk mine in soapy water if it gets dirty. That's the best way, right guys?
Well, it comes at a cost, but it's worth it for a deep, internal clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use 1 part rubbing alcohol and and 1 part water mixed together, it's the same stuff that's in off the shelf bottles of "LCD cleaning solution".

Then your usual microfiber cloth you would use to clean any other LCD monitor

For really bad grime and stuff, some kind of dish soap might work, too. They're usually very mild, but reasonably good at stuff like finger oils (or potato chip oils) and stuff.

SomeGuy99 said:
Breath and hem of T-shirt. B)

You're British aren't you Pleng? Poundland are doing screenwipes last time I was in.

Awesome. And they're ok to use on the touchscreen? ie Not likely to damage it?

tsh said:
I just use my thumb.

Interesting. That's what made my screen dirty in the first place...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back