Screen Cleaning

H

hakmanplayer

Not a biggie,,, but just wanted to know what type of liquid is being used to clean the Pandora's screen?

I read the screen covering is easily eroded.

Is alcohol free advised?? ; no i do not mean vodka or rum :p

Gracias.

Last edited:
Easily...eroded...?

Oh shit. I've been using my T-shirt to wipe down my screen...

Easily...eroded...?

Oh shit. I've been using my T-shirt to wipe down my screen...
Yeah i read that that some screen protectors can have certain chemicals underneath that can eat up the screen covering.

So i was wondering about certain solvents/cleaners specifically for high-end screens doing the same??...after some time.

Last edited:
You can get LCD screen wipes for TVs and monitors, those should do the biz

Whenever I use my stylus, it leaves marks on the screen. Such marks disappear when my screen and T-shirt meet, thus allowing my screen to look brand-new. I AM wiping off stylus dust, right?

^ Did you use the stylus to "write" on a sheet of paper before use? It might actually be leaving paint on your screen... :p

You want to avoid anything with ammonia, like windex and such. Ammonia can eat away at plastics over time.

Come to think of it, I wonder if spectacle cleaning wipes are suitable? Anybody know?

(I ask because I have a bunch of them, and my DS and 3DS have always been fine with them.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Come to think of it, I wonder if spectacle cleaning wipes are suitable? Anybody know?

(I ask because I have a bunch of them, and my DS and 3DS have always been fine with them.)

I think most spectacle wipes use isopropyl alcohol, since most glasses use plastics for lenses now.

I think most spectacle wipes use isopropyl alcohol, since most glasses use plastics for lenses now.

And is that good or bad for the screen?

And is that good or bad for the screen?

I've been told a 50/50 mix of water/isopropyl alcohol works well with lCD screens.. I've never seen a mix like that sold, it's very hard to actually buy 100% isopropyl alcohol in the US, best I seen is 70%.. At work we use Sight Saver wipes I use it to wipe my screens and glasses.. It's officially at my work to clean the microscopes.

I wonder if anyone has gotten drunk off of lens wipes...

Wow! I just looked that one up! Sounds tasty!

Pruno, or prison wine, is an alcoholic liquid variously made from apples, oranges, fruit cocktail, ketchup, sugar, and possibly other ingredients, including bread.
LOL....right out of the bag!!!

Back