Cleaning The Screen

raven

Website
yafl.gossamer.nl
My GP32 (FLU) came with some dust inside which gets irritating real fast. I know how to take the grey cover & screen of but I want to know what to use to clean the screen underneath.

The plastic screen in the grey cover can easily be cleaned with a little water but if anyone has a better cleaning tip for that one I'd also be interested.

Zen posted on Feb 20 2004 at 01:57 AM said:
Water!!!!  :eek:
???

I do not feel like taking this screen out and using water 'in' my GP32 doesn't sound like a great idea...
Oh, and I was talking about cleaning it with water when it has been removed from the GP32.

Last edited by a moderator:
No joke , the best way is scotch tape.

Just take a small piece, set it on the screen lightly and peel it off. It will take off dust and fingerprints.

The best bet is to use a piece slightly longer than the screen is wide.
Then you only have to do it like 4 times.

Do the back of the screen and if you have a Flu you can do the flu screen (top only, not bottom) also.

After numerous problems using water , windex , etc, I guarantee this is the best way. :D

I tried a lot of stuff for cleaning the front screen including cotton and even toilet paper (tried some
charmin, but that didn't work out well because there seems to be some kind of liquid or lotion on it :D )
The very best solution for me was microfiber cloth (dunno if it's the right word for that, in german it's
mikrofasertuch). I just aspirate on the screen (dammit, is that the right word?) and then wipe with the
microfiber cloth all over the screen, voila - looks like a brand new screen.

jonjandran posted on Feb 20 2004 at 03:49 AM said:
No joke , the best way is scotch tape.

Just take a small piece, set it on the screen lightly and peel it off. It will take off dust and fingerprints.

The best bet is to use a piece slightly longer than the screen is wide.
Then you only have to do it like 4 times.

Do the back of the screen and if you have a Flu you can do the flu screen (top only, not bottom) also.

After numerous problems using water , windex , etc, I guarantee this is the best way. :D
I normally use Blue-Tack on my front screen to remove fingerprints and dust, works in the same way. I was just a little scared about using something like that on the inner screen. Will try the scotch tape, thanks.

don posted on Feb 20 2004 at 12:15 PM said:
I tried a lot of stuff for cleaning the front screen including cotton and even toilet paper (tried some
charmin, but that didn't work out well because there seems to be some kind of liquid or lotion on it :D)
The very best solution for me was microfiber cloth (dunno if it's the right word for that, in german it's
mikrofasertuch). I just aspirate on the screen (dammit, is that the right word?) and then wipe with the
microfiber cloth all over the screen, voila - looks like a brand new screen.
Thanks don, I understand what you meant, will try to find myself a mikrofasertuch :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can deffinatly recommend a microfibre cloth. Best £1 I ever spent, it done a great job of salvaging my inner, very scratched, FLU screen :)

Back