The Wikipedia Page Is Being Nominated For Speedy Deletion!

atomicthumbs

I am the king of the collectors, with hospital bed
Website
printeronfire.org
I need help. The Wikipedia page is in danger of speedy deletion, due to looking like spam.

I need some people to help me clean up the article and add some content; preferably people who have experience editing Wikipedia and know what a proper Wikipedia article should look and sound like.

I'm going to start by cleaning up the references to link to the actual forum posts. Who's with me?

:ninja:

I'd like to try, however I have no real experience with wikipedia.

For some reason, I'm blocked from making an account or editing anything... :unsure:

Also, if they delete it, we can always make a new page after we get everything ready and in the proper format.

Actually, in my opinion a yet-to-be-released handheld gaming console of non-popular origin shouldn't have it's own wikipedia article.

Balzac2m said:
Actually, in my opinion a yet-to-be-released handheld gaming console of non-popular origin shouldn't have it's own wikipedia article.
Oh, okay. :lol: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
really? Okay... well whatever you guys think. I think it should be as it might help spreading the word about a great project but I can see your point. Well, the ninja, the phantom and the xgp got their own pages... hmm. And I wrote such a nice description for it ^^. Anonymous though, as I haven't got an account.

lol... might have gotten a little carried away with the open-source pathos there. Yeah, maybe it should be a stump and instead of quoting all the specs have a link to the pandora.bluwiki.org page. I couldn't fix those links btw. Can somebody do that please? I don't know who actually screwed these up in the first place.

xnopasaranx said:
really? Okay... well whatever you guys think. I think it should be as it might help spreading the word about a great project but I can see your point. Well, the ninja, the phantom and the xgp got their own pages... hmm. And I wrote such a nice description for it ^^. Anonymous though, as I haven't got an account.
You just got swayed by a sarcastic person and a guy who counted himself as two votes.

atomicthumbs said:
xnopasaranx said:
You just got swayed by a sarcastic person and a guy who counted himself as two votes.

lol

The XGP and Phantom were "in the press" (engadget doesn't count), which makes them something someone might care to look up. The Pandora doesn't even have a set design (the XGP and Phantom both did).

well okay you got a point there. Well still... how about a stub article then?

I'd take out that 3do, sega saturn and nintendo ds can be emulated. that seems pretty far fetched. Even the N64 bit might have to be deleted. I wouldn't want to promise stuff that can most certainly not be done.

Also you should edit that bit about the package system. The pandora will not at all be able to accept debian or ubuntu packages as it won't be running those distros. It will be utilizing a package management system similar to that of debian distros (ubuntu also uses a debian like package manager).

Also mention that the specifications are still subject to change, just to be sure. As the case and keyboard layout have not been decided on this might be important. Who knows what happens, as long as there is not prototype built, we need to mention this.

Just my opinion here, but I think the problem is: there are only specs.

That makes wikipedia looks like a brochure. =P

I *think* the community wants you to include objectives details about the pandora "phenomenom"

For instance, State who is working on it, what is their background.

Mention support from the community, cite the forums as a reference (not sure that's good but you should get the point)

What the name stands for and why it was chosen.

For instance you could put up something like:

The Pandora project was started in [date] [year] by [foo] and [bar]. It consists of a portable console which aims at [doing stuff]. blablabla.

Just add details not only pertaining to the technicalities of the device, but of it's cultural aspects. Or something. =)

xnopasaranx said:
I'd take out that 3do, sega saturn and nintendo ds can be emulated. that seems pretty far fetched. Even the N64 bit might have to be deleted. I wouldn't want to promise stuff that can most certainly not be done.
It's already been said that those are feasible by several people. Go and talk with Exophase.

xnopasaranx said:
Also you should edit that bit about the package system. The pandora will not at all be able to accept debian or ubuntu packages as it won't be running those distros. It will be utilizing a package management system similar to that of debian distros (ubuntu also uses a debian like package manager).
I think it's been stated that it will use apt, and that it will have a debian-compatible package structure. And ubuntu is by default if it accepts Debian packages, as Ubuntu is a Debian derivative.

xnopasaranx said:
Also mention that the specifications are still subject to change, just to be sure. As the case and keyboard layout have not been decided on this might be important. Who knows what happens, as long as there is not prototype built, we need to mention this.
Will do.

woops sorry... I amended the stuff I mentioned. Feel free to undo it. I still don't think that saturn emulation will be possible and would leave saturn, ds, 3do and n64 away for now or at least say that these are in discussion. there is nothing we can show off yet so we are moving on pretty thin ice when promising stuff like that. I wouldn't do it!!!

Also ubuntu packages will not be supported just like that. What makes you think you could access ubuntu repositories? Most of the applications and packages are made for x86 or 64bit processors and are not at all supported. It's just blatantly wrong! A debian compatible structure yes, but it will not support ubuntu or debian packages. I know that ubuntu was branched from debian, still the phrasing of that part is misleading as heck!

EDIT: Nice work on polishing the article by the way. Really looks like something now.

Back