Cave Story / Ginge(GP2X wrapper)

sebt3 said:
EvilDragon said:
Ginge can't be released until the end of the month (AFAIK) because it was an entry in the GP32 Spain Coding Competition.
But it's already there :)

As I did'nt got a reply in the wiz section, I'll ask here :
Is a pandora port started/planned or even possible ?

You didn't follow the thread above where a link to my new video was?

Ginge started on the Pandora ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAhzBNJE3pI

Last edited:
The video here shows it running on a Pandora. :)

I'm very, very impressed - I had to miss out on a lot of GP2X stuff (due to my First Edition one bricking itself, and my second batch one having a screen that gave me migraines), so it'll be great to catch up.

EDIT: Ninja'd by ED. :lol: Great video, by the way, ED. I'm just watching through it now, with a big smile on my face. :D

EvilDragon said:
sebt3 said:
EvilDragon said:
Ginge can't be released until the end of the month (AFAIK) because it was an entry in the GP32 Spain Coding Competition.

[youtube]PAhzBNJE3pI[/youtube]

I've no access on youtube at work :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew there was a reason I stuck with this community. B)

Does this mean every Arm based Linux machine from now till the rest of time can be a GP2X zombie? I like that idea.

sebt3 said:
EvilDragon said:
sebt3 said:
EvilDragon said:

It shows Cave Story, Wind and Water Battles plus others - running flawlessly. The only caveat is it doesn't support the full resolution, as you would expect (pixel doubled I am guessing).

SomeGuy99 said:
I knew there was a reason I stuck with this community. B)

Does this mean every Arm based Linux machine from now till the rest of time can be a GP2X zombie? I like that idea.

sebt3 said:
EvilDragon said:
sebt3 said:
EvilDragon said:

It shows Cave Story, Wind and Water Battles plus others - running flawlessly. The only caveat is it doesn't support the full resolution, as you would expect (pixel doubled I am guessing).

Well, it's proportionally fullscreen :)
Everything else would look ugly squeezed ;)
As notaz uses the hardware to scale (AFAIK), it shouldn't be hard to do that... but it would still look ugly :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Well, it's proportionally fullscreen :)
Everything else would look ugly squeezed ;)
As notaz uses the hardware to scale (AFAIK), it shouldn't be hard to do that... but it would still look ugly :)

I agree. I was just pointing it out for people who aren't familiar with the GP2X. :)

SomeGuy99 said:
What emulators other than Picodrive supported the second CPU?

I don't know if GPsp does, but I'm pretty sure that SquidgeSNES and PocketSNES did.

-God Ginrai

greendots said:
Is there any more information on this emulator somewhere?

Ginge is not a ginger guy nickname. No, wait... it is! It's not an emulator though.

greendots said:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55675-ginge/

greendots said:
Beside the topic in the wiz section ? not until the end of the competition I guess.

And this is not an emulator, think of a wine for gp2x.
The binary is run natively by the processor, Ginge "just" trap system call to translate them for the pandora (and apply some hardward scalling on the draw calls).

So everything (that don't use the second gp2x CPU) will run fullspeed.

This is such a achievement. :)

EDIT: :ph34r:

sebt3 said:
So everything (that don't use the second gp2x CPU) will run fullspeed.

I wonder... could they run faster than fullspeed?

@Notaz: I can only say: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you :D :D :D

Oh man, Wesnoth and Cave Story on Pandora. I can't wait for it to finally arrive (in about two months :lol: )

Some of the other GP2X games look interesting too. I've never had a GP2X myself, so it will be interesting to try them out.

Notaz, you kick much ASS!

Was I living under a rock, when did cave story come out on the GP2X? I totally missed it. It is a wonderful game, I got it on my Wii a few months ago, but I just never have the time to play it. This is truly an awesome program. The GP2X was my first open source love, and being able to play much of it's great games and emu's with Pandora controls is a dream come true. This is why I love this community.

Now, if Craig can modify Vektar to run, this just might be the release of the year! Great work Notaz. I've been waiting for a Picodrive update(32x support, ect.), but I can see now why there hasn't been one. ;) Keep up the great work. I'll be sure to give you a fat donation once this is released!

Chris

jumpman said:
Was I living under a rock, when did cave story come out on the GP2X? I totally missed it.

Perhaps you were living... in a...

4483939031_c5f55b1036_o.gif

...cave?

SomeGuy99 said:
jumpman said:
Was I living under a rock, when did cave story come out on the GP2X? I totally missed it.

Perhaps you were living... in a...

4483939031_c5f55b1036_o.gif

...cave?
Unconcious in a dark cave ... unarmed ... for who knows how long ... and only to wake up with no memory of your past ... :lol:

Back