Capcom system 1 emulator at playable speeds

true karma

QUOTE from author on GP32emu forums:

As you probably dont know, i've almost finished work on my CPS1 emulator, had some speed problems but its now upto a playable speed (thanks to ASM)

i know i cannot wait :) so many cool things are happening for the gp32 again :)
and now hes willing to try + make another emulator i'm really happy

I'm gonna enjoy reporting that news when it gets released. :) I think lotsa non-GP32 people will do a double take when they hear a portable can emulate CPS1. I really didn't expect it to happen.

I wonder tho, what the speed is like, and whether it includes sound. I get thefeeling there's no sound, and we're talking maybe 15fps. But still, it'll be remarkable to see those arcade classics on the GP32 screen.

But... where do we insert coins? ;)

CPS1 is the system that Street Fighter 2 runs on, correct? That is so damn cool. Does anybody know what other games run on it?

Here's a list of all CPS1 titles (sans a few Japanese only quiz games) and their approx. unzipped ROM sizes in Megabytes. Some VERY good stuff:

1941 - 3.3
Cadillacs & Dino's - 7.6
Capt. Commando - 5.5
Carrier Airwing - 3.3
Dynasty Wars - 5.3
Final Fight - 3.3
Forgotten Worlds - 5.3
Ghouls'nGhosts - 4
King of Dragons - 5.3
Knights of Round - 5.3
Magic Sword - 3.3
MegaMan P.B. - 9.8
Mega Twins - 3.3
Mercs - 4.3
Nemo - 3.3
Pang 3 - 5.3
Pnickies - 2.6
Punisher - 7.6
Quiz & Dragons - 2
Slammasters - 12
Street Fighter II - 7.3
Street Fighter II CE - 7.6
Strider - 5.3
Three Wonders - 5.3
Varth - 3.3
Warriors of Fate - 7.1
Willow - 4.3

Thanks.

Wow, I see at least a half a dozen games that I would definately keep on one of my SMCs at all times. Once again, that's so damn cool. Sound or not, I'd love to be able to play SF2, Ghouls n' Ghosts, and 1941 (which doesn't work on GPEngine :angry: )

that would require a different emu.. although I would love to see the earlier callus type games emulated. Surely this would be easier as they're based on older pre 68000 chips. I remember MAMEDC ran the older capcom games really well...

As a side note, it would be excellent if RAINE was ported over to the GP32. Don't know how easy it would be but it does support the capcom CPS1 games - http://www.rainemu.com/html/php/games.php

And it has Super Space Invaders 91 !!! yeah!! ;)

had some speed problems but its now upto a playable speed (thanks to ASM)

reservations, reservations,reservations. This sounds well cool, hell Knights of Round is pure genuis.

but when we say playable speeds are we on about snes9x playable speeds here, i mean i love that emu its great, but it gets a little frustrating as its nearly full speed but just not quite there.

only time will tell but im really looking forwad to this, i think its surprised alot of people i for sure was not expecting this.

bring it on, im gunna get out my "staff" and get all Medieval on your asses

Carrier Airwing is one of my fav arcade shooters ever! Cant wait to get hold of this emu!

cps1 emu!
looks like im going to have to buy some arcade boards from ebay so that im legal! to use roms

Back