[Cancelled] Aluminium cases are NOT being made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't matter at all, but I want to put out here that I would have been perfectly satisfied with waiting another year or so for IDV's aluminum Pandora case if it could come after that amount of time.  I don't mind waiting, but I am sad that this wish has reverted to feeling as unfulfillable as it did before the first aluminum cases topic appeared.

This doesn't matter at all, but I want to put out here that I would have been perfectly satisfied with waiting another year or so for IDV's aluminum Pandora case if it could come after that amount of time.  I don't mind waiting, but I am sad that this wish has reverted to feeling as unfulfillable as it did before the first aluminum cases topic appeared.
You are making me feel sad about this news again since I would have waited until I could preorder a Pyra, or longer if I had money for both.  I guess I will go wrap my Pandora in foil now so that we (Pandora and me) can pretend it did happen.

I will go wrap my Pandora in foil now so that we
FOILed again!  And please post your images...
I guess since you called me on it I actually have to do it.  I probably won't, though.  I am trying to catch up on posts, and then I want to try to play a game for a bit.  The foil would look bad anyway.
Really freak us all out and cover it in Gold foil.  It isn't as expensive as it sounds...

Still ain't cheap.  Would nullify any wireless radios.

Would be kind of cool though.

I was in an art store last year and was thinking of something silly I wanted to do with the gold stuff.  I think they have things other than gold, which would work better for me since I don't like the look of gold.  I like white metals, however copper is also interesting looking if done right.

What I was seriously considering the other day was a skin of some sort like those I see around here.  I wouldn't want to try to get it to look like some other console or computer.  I would go for something unique that is Pandora themed, or some sort of reference to something I like.  Maybe clear to protect the paint, or solid grey/black/silver if I can't make anything nice.  I might paint it if I pick up something that would work.  I need to get some paint for some steel stuff I have outside that get a bit of wear and have started to rust.  If the paint I get is durable enough it might be good enough to keep my Pandora from getting scratched up.  If it does get scratched up it might not be so noticeable if I use black which is the current color of those 2 things.

Is there already a consolidated thread for customized Pandoras?

I have a friend at a college whose may have the chance to work with some pretty impressive machines.. I'm going to see if he can print me off a metal case.

I have a friend at a college whose may have the chance to work with some pretty impressive machines.. I'm going to see if he can print me off a metal case.
That printer indeed is impressive!

BTW, you can safely ask him to print a dozen, I bet you'll find customers easily.

That printer indeed is impressive!

BTW, you can safely ask him to print a dozen, I bet you'll find customers easily.
;)  I nearly went into engineering with him.. I'll see if I can play Oh its to fully test out the abilities of the machine route  :D  If they can print a titanium sword with it...surely a small thing such as a pandora case wouldn't be an issue... Also with the pandora's case designs being open source I have something to beam his way..He seems willing to try it if he gains access to the machine. Considering he is legally able to play with lasers now I think he has a shot of getting a go at it.  :lol:

;)  I nearly went into engineering with him.. I'll see if I can play Oh its to fully test out the abilities of the machine route  :D  If they can print a titanium sword with it...surely a small thing such as a pandora case wouldn't be an issue... Also with the pandora's case designs being open source I have something to beam his way..He seems willing to try it if he gains access to the machine. Considering he is legally able to play with lasers now I think he has a shot of getting a go at it.  :lol:
The case needed a bit of redesigning, replacing the clips with screws 'n shit.  I wonder if IDV was able to take care of any of that part.  I'm the servant of anyone who can provide me with a metal case, so have fun.

The case needed a bit of redesigning, replacing the clips with screws 'n shit.  I wonder if IDV was able to take care of any of that part.  I'm the servant of anyone who can provide me with a metal case, so have fun.
Hmm... if you were inclined to, you could, in theory, make a sand casting of a Pandora case, bake out the plastic case (burn it out) to leave the mold, then pour heated metal (bronze, silver or alloy) into the casting to make a metal copy of a plastic case. It's old school, slow, single-unit production, expensive and dangerous, but there are people who do metal castings as a hobby.
No need for screws. Spot weld it together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone had their refund back from ED yet? I'm not in a rush, but just wondered if he'd started working through them

Nothing arrived here: :unsure:

-Not my golden Pandora

-not that GHZ Board that i want instead of Refund from my 2 AluCases with Assembling and the left Money is for Donation the entire Project

-not the ICP Clams that i wanted in February from Him(he wrote he have some left)

-no Answer on the PM what i send him on my Birthday the 14th April in the German Forum.

I think he is too Busy for us,but sending and order Items from the Shop itself work very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been refunded some time ago already. And I got an email saying I would be refunded a few days before the refund was visible on my Visa.

Sounds like he's working through them then. Will keep an eye out. Thanks

Got 80 refunds to process, this takes a while.

All normal options (only refunds, no repairs, no vouchers) have been handled first. Vouchers will follow this week.

Next week we'll handle repairs and upgrades or sending back units that had been shipped to us already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back