Camelot Warriors Remake For Gp2x And Windows!

Just out of curiosity, I had a look on google, As i`ve never played camelot warriors before, Well i found the Commodore 64 version running in a java c64 emulator here, Even this has the problem with the control`s, So you can not move much or get off the first platform and just end up dieing ???. Maybe that is part of the original game play :unsure: , Or the control system is just not working right, Mmmmmm.

A brief description here says that the game "It's a typical Dinamic game, though; the graphics and music are both lovely, but the gameplay is far too difficult, requiring very precise timing. It's a highly frustrating game to play.", Double Mmmmm.

Trooper

trooper said:
Just out of curiosity, I had a look on google, As i`ve never played camelot warriors before, Well i found the Commodore 64 version running in a java c64 emulator here, Even this has the problem with the control`s, So you can not move much or get off the first platform and just end up dieing ???. Maybe that is part of the original game play :unsure: , Or the control system is just not working right, Mmmmmm.

A brief description here says that the game "It's a typical Dinamic game, though; the graphics and music are both lovely, but the gameplay is far too difficult, requiring very precise timing. It's a highly frustrating game to play.", Double Mmmmm.

Trooper

yeah i find this game very hard.... anyone actually progressed far at all....

Last edited by a moderator:
Graphics are cool, but gameplay sucks. I mean, come one? A mighty knight who is too dumb to swing his sword at those damn, ugly ball creatures? Stupid. Even tho its e remake, there could be a way to kill these little fuckers.
Did they even play the game themselves???

yep, stop complaining and play like a man :D , like days where the games were fucking hard, like this.

I have reached the end of the second level, and so nice progrsssing step by step.

A hint to finish the first level:

Frogs can swim but first you need the magician to see "the fire that doesnt burn" ;) .

"El fuego que no quema" means in English, the fire that doesn't burn.

JimmySlam said:
yep, stop complaining and play like a man :D , like days where the games were fucking hard, like this.

I have reached the end of the second level, and so nice progrsssing step by step.

Frogs can swim but first you need the magician to see "the fire that doesnt burn" ;) .

games these days are incredibly easy.....i agreee he should be able to swing his sword at the furball things

predatorramboxxx said:
JimmySlam said:

games these days are incredibly easy.....i agreee he should be able to swing his sword at the furball things

The problem with that would be that the game would change completly and it would be boring as fuck :)

JimmySlam said:
Great looking artwork!

Everybody will decide for themselves whether they think a game is fun though :)

Any chance to an english translation? Maybe predatorramboxx could help you out there, his english seems very good!

This has to be the hardest game I have ever played. I mean wtf? I can't even jump over the first freaking monster! What a waste of some good pixel art! Man, this sure is hard!

I have an idea for your next game. As soon as the player presses start, it just says "Game Over!"

Oh come on guys, no need to be so harsh. From what I gathered, this is a remake competition, and the accuracy of the gameplay in regards to the original is likely an important part of the whole thing. Perhaps after the competition, the author will release a separate version with a lower difficulty. Saying that his game is a waste is unlikely to make that happen though.

To pferguso:
as far as i know, a remake is a game that works in the same way than the orginal but better graphics and sound, and same or improved game play. if you dont like it dont play it and STFU cause ANY negative comment againist others people free work is fucking rude. U have no right pesting about other's people work. You can comment saying is difficult and stuff like it, which is ok. Don't say things like:

What a waste of some good pixel art!
I have an idea for your next game. As soon as the player presses start, it just says "Game Over!"

Cause the author is very happy with it!

Sorry, i get very pissed off with people like this.

PD: How old are you?

Making a game hard does not make it a good game... nor do great graphics alone. A great game is one that has that perfect balance that makes less skilled players and those that are highly skilled come back again and again. Obviously this game, though it looks great... (and I assume plays like the original) does not meet these conditions.

Don't get me wrong... I applaud BUHOnero for his great work... but he (I am assuming) was limited to the programming of the original game. Seems most of us have never heard of it before... and now perhaps we know why... it did not appeal a mainstream audience.

And being able to play this game does not make you a man. :lol: And to hear such attacks here on the forum are a little disconcerting.

Anyway... just my thoughts... for whatever they are worth.

Calm down, Jimmy. You made your point. I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. I was only joking anyway. Besides, my opinion of the gameplay is only an opinion, which I am entitled to. Secondly, bad gameplay is not the person's fault who did the remake.

Let me also point out that reviewers of games in game magazines give their opinions just like I do, and they use way harsher criticism than I do.

If you don't want any negative feedback, don't post a game and invite comments...

Hi BUHOnero:

Sure, the guy in the video could do it! Took him two tries though! ;) Anyway, difficulty aside, which is an attribute of the original game, I think you guys did a tremendous job! I am going to beat this game if it kills me!

pferguso said:
Hi BUHOnero:

Sure, the guy in the video could do it! Took him two tries though! ;) Anyway, difficulty aside, which is an attribute of the original game, I think you guys did a tremendous job! I am going to beat this game if it kills me!
i'm the guy in the video :rolleyes:

Wow, amazing graphics and made in Fenix!
Wasn't that patented by Ruckage btw? Ruckage sue them!

Better download it right away before it's blocked. :D

Just to be clear... I think you did an incredible job on the graphic's... I just find the play mechanics do not feel right to me... The characters don't have a full range of movement when attacking.. (example already stated,being unable to defend against anything low), and I find the animation of jumping for the character clumsy...

As I once said about a client... you can be tough... but you don't need to be difficult. Translation... a game can be hard to play... but you should not have to fight with the games mechanics when playing it.

A great game has you saying to yourself... "I made a mistake"... plus they should get progressively more difficult... not stymie you coming out of the gate. When you feel you cannot progress any further in a game... that is when most people stop playing it. A good game should always give that feeling of hope you can push through even when you probably can't.

The spaniards have quite the reputation for highly graphical games with zero gameplay - see any of the Dinamic back-catalogue (Army/Navy Moves, Game Over 1/2 etc) for the ZX Spectrum, and then try playing them...

The games had amazing graphics considering the limitations of the Speccy's resolution and palette, but were seriously flawed in the gameplay department.

D.

Yep, but we have nice easy games like AMC, Goody, Humphrey, Mad Mix game...

What about Commandos that is really easy ;)

But other spanish game: "Blade : The Edge of darkness" is brilliant.

But yeah you are right a lot of them (~70%) are too difficult.

Back