Cez Retrocompo 2007

Mr 2X

Website
lostsite.altervista.org
1st Febraury CEZ Remakes Competition has started and is opened to every device (then also GP2X). Rules and prizes are the followings:

1. Remakes have to be from Spanish games.
2. No matter what nationality you are, as you always fulfill the rule # 1.
3. The Remakes can´t be updates or upgrade versions from games already published.
4. Remakes can be for every system or device.
5. Entries for the contest have to be in advanced status, at least a “Beta” version (playable version with more than 70% done).
6. Games have to be sent to CEZ Server before 31st of July 2007 at 00:00 hrs. (time in Spain). Beyond this time there won’t be more entries, but we’ll accept updates for entries until 10th of August if they fulfil rule # 5.
7. Results will be published in 30st September 2007, in Computer Emuzone website and other media.

Prices are worth in more than 5.000 euros, and they will be given in the following categories:

1. Best Remake
2. Best Graphics
3. Best Sound (FX/Music)
CEZ Retrocompo 2007
foto-portada.GIF

Games developed by Spanish groups. You'll have to go back in time to the Spectrum era, I'm afraid.

So with one of the rules being "The Remakes can´t be updates or upgrade versions from games already published." and one of the prizes given for best graphics, wouldnt this mean finding a spanish game with kickass graphics and remaking that.
Also isnt a "remake" an updated version of the original? As in updated GFX/SFX.

Or an i missing the point?

peetabix posted on Feb 6 2007 at 06:23 PM said:
So with one of the rules being "The Remakes can´t be updates or upgrade versions from games already published." and one of the prizes given for best graphics, wouldnt this mean finding a spanish game with kickass graphics and remaking that.

Final Fantasy 3 on the DS is a remake of the original, but it has much more modern graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:
peetabix posted on Feb 6 2007 at 07:23 PM said:

I think it means that if you already have published a remake of one of those games, you can't enter that one, even if you update it. The remakes must be new developments from scratch. E.g.: M.A. Software, who already have made remakes of Abu Simbel Profanation and Las Tres Luces de Glaurung can't enter with those ones, even if they add new screens or update the graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back