Buying A Gp2x.. What Are The Current Problems?

Another thing to think about getting ASAP when ordering a new unit is a decent case... mine is just "hangin out there" with no case and it's a matter of time before I scratch the heck out of the screen. Also, if you order the other stuff it'd be good to be able to cart it around easily. There are numerous threads about cases with some excellent recommendations, a quick search should give plenty of ideas.

I use a woollen sock, that works perfect as a case.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've got two gp2x's .. one first edition, and one recent .. and the first edition one has 'low quality screen', which doesn't bother me, because they've clearly fixed the problem in the later versions .. the new one is excellent, i don't even notice problems of quality because there aren't any, i just use it all the time ..
Can someone else confirm this ? Are the "non first edition" gp2x screens really better ? It would surprise me, and it would also hurt me :( But if this was really the case, would'nt there be a million posts here about that ?

Last edited by a moderator:
* bump *
Is there anybody here that has any insights about the screen quality of the latest gp2x (the "non first edition" ones) ? Is this really different from the first editions ? I doubt about that, but I'd like to be sure ...

I know there were some issues with the first edition screens and in Korea Gamepark had a return scheme to replace the units with bad screens, as I don’t think the firmware update helped all users.

But the GP2X I have as no problems at all. The screen is very clear.

Back