Video Problems

spyhunter

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I have been using my GP2X for everything, games, music and vids but seem to be having probs with videos freezing in the video players (I have tried the standalone gp2x player and other home made ones but still the same results!)

I thought this issue was resolved in Firmware 2.0.0??? Do i need to upgrade to a better firmware? I haven't bothered as I have read a lot about there isn't really a lot of differences in the firmwares?

Or is there a workaround for video problems?

Thanks.

I would say upgrade to 2.1 or 2.1.1. the issue does exist with 2.0.0. I don't think its a problem in 2.1 or at least it is more stable. I haven't tried 2.1.1 so I can't really recommend it. Also if your videos are high enough resolution/bitrate you might need to leave the cpu on full/normal setting.

Also you get easily used skins in 2.1 :) and broken mono mp3 playback I think. There'll be a few threads on this, have a look in the FAQ section of the forum if you need more info.

thanks. i thought the latest firmwares were for Korean only?

The batteries are i believe 2150 rechargables?!

And how do i set it so it uses the cpu all the time whilst playing vids (i am running the vids from main supply also and they still do the same?)

Thanks.

UPDATE:

Have just updated to v2.1.1 and so far no video problems - so fingers crossed!!

Although now gmenu2x doesn't work and that had all my emulators and everything - any idea's on that problem anyone? (I have AUTORUN ON)

Back