Business Plan sent to interested investors (2011 - 09 - 20)

Since they are both GmbHs, you can get the annual closures from Open Pandora GmbH and Global Components at

http://www.ebundesanzeiger.de

On the main site, enter "Open Pandora" or "Global Components" at the "Suchbegriff" text field in the left screen area, and hit the "Suchen >" button after that´.

Then you'll find the "»Jahresabschluss zum Geschäftsjahr vom 01.01.2009 bis zum 31.12.2009" of "Global Components GmbH Berg" of 02/02/11 as well as the "

»Jahresabschluss zum Geschäftsjahr vom 01.01.2010 bis zum 31.12.2010" of "OpenPandora GmbH Ingolstadt" of 08/16/11. ;)

Yes, those exist.  It's called "callable": you buy a share, but the company maintains the right to buy back the shares at some rate under certain conditions.   You're still buying a share of the company, that's why, in the case that ED does sell the company in whole, you would get a portion of that sale.

If ED has the right to buy the shares back, then it's a call option.  If the investors have the right to demand their money back, then it's a put option.  

It wasn't entirely clear which option was being discussed.

I'm not really into the financial side of it, but I'll interpret this as good news. Batch 2's on the horizon, and that's all I need to read! :)

If ED has the right to buy the shares back, then it's a call option. If the investors have the right to demand their money back, then it's a put option.
No, "options" are different. They give you the right to buy or sell a share at a specified price by a specified time. By buying into EDs business plan, there is no option: you do actually own the share. The right for the original company to buy back the share at a given price under certain conditions is "callable stock". It's kind of a similar to buying a share and then giving the company a call option, but is very different on paper, usually much less restrictive.

Probably the wrong thread to bring this up, but surely to bring the Pandora to masses it's going to need some major work on the software. Without wanting to open the can of worms again, it's not really plug-n-play. Is this considered in the plan or is it purely for manufacturing?

Probably the wrong thread to bring this up, but surely to bring the Pandora to masses it's going to need some major work on the software. Without wanting to open the can of worms again, it's not really plug-n-play. Is this considered in the plan or is it purely for manufacturing?

There's also money planned for software development.

No, "options" are different.  They give you the right to buy or sell a share at a specified price by a specified time.  By buying into EDs business plan, there is no option: you do actually own the share.  The right for the original company to buy back the share at a given price under certain conditions is "callable stock".  It's kind of a similar to buying a share and then giving the company a call option, but is very different on paper, usually much less restrictive.

Restricted options are still called "options", though they can be quite different from the options bought and sold on the open market (eg employee stock options).

The arrangement whereby investors could get out after a certain time and have their initial investment returned, is neither callable stock nor a call option.  It's an option (but not the obligation) to sell shares at a specified price at a specified time, which is basically the same as a put option that is only exercisable after a certain date.

But the arrangement whereby the company has the right to buy back a stock is callable. I wasn't even thinking (nor talking) about the rights of the person to sell. Sorry.

You mean in terms of the investment funds, right? Although not related to the business plan, is that separate developer fund running low on cash?

You mean in terms of the investment funds, right? Although not related to the business plan, is that separate developer fund running low on cash?

I've got the full amount of the separate developer fund paid by my customers on my account. It hasn't been used yet.

And yes, I've planned to use some profit money for OS development.

E.D. , the company were i work is interested as well in investing. Well, as you know we got 3 Pandoras in the Company , so we can say we are currently the biggest customer as a company .. right? ;)

I will have a meeting about this with our C.E.O. next week will update you.

E.D. , the company were i work is interested as well in investing. Well, as you know we got 3 Pandoras in the Company , so we can say we are currently the biggest customer as a company .. right? ;)

I will have a meeting about this with our C.E.O. next week will update you.

I think Jumpman ordered 10 Pandoras, so you're not the biggest one yet ;)

But that sounds good :)

Let me know your eMail address so I can send you the Business Plan!

^

I'll be at 11 when I get my next round of Pandora preorders. 13 would have been the case, but I upgraded some to Premiums to get some capital back and expand my store inventory. Ithic.com will also have Universal Clamp ICPs next week, I wasn't onboard with the initial clamp setup, but this Universal Clamp was the idea that sold me on it, and Apple allowing games to support it.

Actually, I ordered 5 originally, then another 5, and finally 10 more. So 20 total from batch 1.

I only took delivery of the first 5, and that was within the first few months of the original launch. I was actually a week away from getting my next 5 units(when CC fianlly started to ship again around a month ago), when I finally got short of funds after waiting several years, and I got a refund for those. Plus I figured since I have been enjoying my Panfora for so long, and many others who preordered are still waiting, I thought it would be OK to just let those units go back into the waiting pool.

The refund happened around the time the ICP was released, and I saw many US customers had an issue with the high shipping cost from the UK, so I converted my last 10 units to ICP's to help out in that area. It would have been nice to have gotten my other 5-15 units, as I preordered at the original 330 price, and could have sold them at a nice profit, but it wasn't meant to be. I was able to help the team by ordering 20 units, and allowing them to hold the funds for a nice long while, so my original intent was met. :D

Chris

ED, just wanted to let you know that my little team of investors is preparing our first portfolio for investment .. I hope we can discuss things in person soon.

I hope I have always made it pretty clear how happy I am with my pandora and the software made available to me by those with talent and passion. However I cant help but day dream about a critical mass of free pandoras in the market with large teams of developers pushing the limits of what this nifty little box can do.

Right on guys and gals it is nice to see this product grow!

I think this brings up a point that individuals that order multiple devices do not receive them all in one go. I think it would have been better for OPL to have limited per customer in order to satisfy the most amount of individual orders.

Of course if the volume of finished pandoras is significantly increased over round 1 with CC then this isnt much of a problem. But if it limited, i think you can be more effective with a limit per customer. For the jumpman example you could have made 9 other single orderors satisfied. And it quite possible those 9 people would have canceled by now.

ED, just wanted to let you know that my little team of investors is preparing our first portfolio for investment .. I hope we can discuss things in person soon.

Great. Just replied to your mail :)
It's so awesome to see this project moving foward after so many ups and downs over the years. It is a true testament to the vision of the team, and the greatness that is the Pandora(I use mine daily)

Sadly, the economy has hit me in the wallet pretty hard over the years, otherwise I would be right back in the mix investing once again with OPT! I'm really looking forward to a "Pandora 2" at some point in the future.

Chris

I think this brings up a point that individuals that order multiple devices do not receive them all in one go. I think it would have been better for OPL to have limited per customer in order to satisfy the most amount of individual orders.

Of course if the volume of finished pandoras is significantly increased over round 1 with CC then this isnt much of a problem. But if it limited, i think you can be more effective with a limit per customer. For the jumpman example you could have made 9 other single orderors satisfied. And it quite possible those 9 people would have canceled by now.
I agree Pickle, but when I originally ordered all those units, the plan was that the team would have shipped all 4000 units within a months time(or within the smallest amount of time possible). So at that point, it wouldn't have really effected anyones waiting time for more than a few days at best. Now it's it's been over a year and a half, and I never even got my units past 5, so I don't think this is how anyone thought this would turn out in the long run. That's why I didn't bother getting my next 5 units, so others could move up in the line.

I only ever ordered extra to help the team fill their original 4000 preorders. If I would have ever thought this long after launch all 4000 would still not be done, and premiums would be added in, and CC would start shipping next to no units every month, I probably would have never even ordered 1 unit, let alone 20. :lol: This has for sure been a crazy ride.

Chris

Back