Broken right nub

So, I'm aware that there's another topic on something similar (with the left nub) but I posted in there and it seems like no one is really reading that post anymore. Sorry if that's frowned upon or against the rules. If not, here goes.

My 1GHZ came about a week ago and I was initially having trouble using the normal mouse click (up on the right nub wasn't registering very well). As a result, to just get things set up, I was using "left" on the right nub because it seemed to work decently. It took a while for me to get all the software set up but last night I was finally ready to start trying to fix the right nub issues. I tried the "input tester" system option and found that while the left nub was registering all 4 directions fine, the right nub wouldn't move correctly. Namely, when I pressed up, it would register as mostly a "left" press and the up value seemed to be capped at about "-10" or so. Down presses and right presses were fine and the left value would get to about "-25" or so (instead of the full "-32"). The other thread mentions that the nub issues could have to do with thing not drying under the nubs correctly. ED suggested (to others) that they try doing a sort of nub workout where you vigorously move the nub in all directions for 10 minutes or so (I believe his words were "beat the hell out of it", or something to that effect).

Anyway, to make a long story short, I tried working out the nub as ED suggested and after I finished, I found that the right nub had become completely unresponsive. The Pandora now no longer registers the right nub's movement in any direction. I verified this in the "input tester" and there is no value change when I move the right nub now. Is there some way that any one knows of to fix this? Should I just contact Ithic.com (where I bought the Pandora from last week) to see about getting a new Pandora or getting this one repaired? I'd obviously rather not have to send my Pandora back out and be without my Pandora for a while but if it's my only option, it's better than having a broken Pandora. As a result of this right nub issue, I can't use any mouse functions (except through the touch screen, which makes right-clicking a pain) and I can't play any of the FPS games I've been looking forward to... Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!

Just one thing, did you try resetting the nub with the Nub Tester under Pandora nub configurator.  Not sure what it registers as when stuck in joystick mode?  So maybe that would help.  And why not drop the battery out for ten minutes too.  Might as well cover all bases before shipping it off.

Email me via the Contact button, we'll arrange an RMA for you. 
Response in less than an 20 minutes

Now thats what I call Quality Service!
I know, right? That's pretty sweet. FYI, if anyone else is having this issue: Per my correspondence with LInk I tried removing the battery for about 10 minutes and the Pandora began registering movement in the dead nub again. It didn't fix the issue with not correctly registering how I move the nub, but it did restore movement detection.

Yesterday your Pandora was received/repaired and it is on its way back to you US Mail. 

Holy crap that was fast! Thanks for the update. I was fully expecting to be without my Pandora for a few weeks (due to shipping and such) so I was ramping up to play Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, but I guess I should have the Pandora back in a few days then. Thanks again Link!

Yesterday your Pandora was received/repaired and it is on its way back to you US Mail. 
Hey there, maybe you can write some instructions how to do it at home?

That would be awesome, cause I bought my pandora for some years now, and I am from Ukraine, so fixing it at home seems like better solution.

Thanks!

Buy a new nub and replace it. Getting the old one off is something of an art, I understand, but patience, a good hot soldering iron, a blade or other type of fine wedge and a lot of patience will get the old one off. IIRC the pads on the nubs are keyed, so you shouldn't be able to solder the new one on the wrong way round.

Link told me he didn't deal with any soldering, most likely he just replaced the board with the broken nub and sent it back to Evildragon. 

Levi's post has some good advice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back