Left Nub Behaving Oddly

Darkknight512

I seem to have a problem with my left nub, after using the nub for a while, I have trouble moving to the right. A nub reset will fix it but then it will screw up again in a few minutes.

The problem is confirmed in the input tester. At first when pushing the nub to the right it will read 32, but after moving the nub around for a while it can drop down to about 12-20 when I push the nub all the way to the right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also having similar issues with a 1Gz Pandora with SZ 1.51 in 3.2 Kernel.

The up direction on left nub slows down. A nub reset in the nub configuration utility temporarily fixes it.

Any solutions?

EDIT:

As a workaround I assigned the reset nub command to F12 so I can use it while playing N64.

XFCE Settings -> Keyboard -> Application Shortcuts

sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/reset_nubs.sh

Seems to be a firmware bug, as it also happens on Rebirth units but only when using kernel 3.2.

For some (including myself) it has worked to reflash the firmware.

I suggest to wait until next week, as we'll release a new firmware version then.

My nubs sometimes just die within using, only reseting or sometimes only restart works, this was actualy in every firmware version ( I have a cclassic CC Pandora but AFAIK already with the better nubs). Happens not always but from time to time, more the left nub (mouse movement) where one direction sometimes does not work anymore. Yesterday in the middle of a "Galactic Artifact" session, the right nub died (any direction) an I was not able to do any mouse button actions. Glad that the game uses also Keyboard/D-Pad input. These Nubs are really weird, I hate this self-recalibrating-to-dead so much! It can hallen every time, every minute. Please make sure that future Products (iCP2, P2) do NOT act like this. I want nubs that work all the time and do not die ingame where I really need precise and flawless Nub Actions.

Seems to be a firmware bug, as it also happens on Rebirth units but only when using kernel 3.2.
There is no way this can be caused by pandora (not nub) firmware, as there is no processing done on data returned by hardware. The only things kernel affects is initialization sequence, polling interval and power supply voltage. Those might affect triggering of nub firmware bugs though.

dgame: can the problem be reliably reproduced? If so I could build you some test kernels maybe.

The only things kernel affects is initialization sequence, polling interval and power supply voltage. Those might affect triggering of nub firmware bugs though.

That's probably the case then, as I know that someone reported having that issue only when booting kernel 3.2 on his unit, 2.6 works fine.

Back