Broadband On Incoming Line Only

no not sat. Incoming only. Line rental is 10 pounds per querter instead of 11 per month.

Terms and conditions say your not allowed it if u want adsl. BT are fucking twats.

Your also not allowed it if you own a mobile phone

British Telecom don't allow you to have their incoming call only service if you have ASDL broadband with them, and neither are you allowed it if you use BT Mobile for your mobile phone?

Sponge BoB posted on Jul 28 2006 at 01:36 PM said:
no not sat. Incoming only. Line rental is 10 pounds per querter instead of 11 per month.

Terms and conditions say your not allowed it if u want adsl. BT are fucking twats.

Your also not allowed it if you own a mobile phone
Well as you need to upload to the servers on the internet aswell. No.

Last edited by a moderator:
uploading on adsl has nothing to do with making an outgoing call. You dont need outgoing or incoming calls for adsl, all you need is the phone line.

Sponge BoB posted on Jul 28 2006 at 04:47 PM said:
uploading on adsl has nothing to do with making an outgoing call. You dont need outgoing or incoming calls for adsl, all you need is the phone line.
I gathered that from the fact you don't actually dial anything. But if its a line designed to let you make out going calls, why should they let you make outgoing ADSL connections either :D

Sponge BoB posted on Jul 28 2006 at 04:47 PM said:

adsl isn't magic, it still needs to connect and synchronise with the exchange before it works much like your phone needs a dial tone from the exchange before it can attempt to make a voice call.

I can see it becoming very popular very quickly if it were allowed - make all your outgoing voice calls over broadband using VOIP, and get all the incoming ones through your standard phone line with cheap rental. Perfect.

I think every other telco would have the same condition, personally.

Back