Just Got Sky Broadband Max

Steve-O

Just got Sky Broadband Max (Upto 16meg) installed and its Great!!!!

Currently only getting 8meg speed but I have been told my line is in the training process and within 10 days should see higher speeds (If not I will phone them to make sure im on ADSL2 or what ever it is) :)

Was downloading a Linux image at 895kb per sec!!! took about 14 minutes to download the full 698mb image, Also Downloaded a Demo off Xbox Live that was 1.24gb and it only took about 40 minutes :D :eek:

£10 a month for speeds like this, Im not complaining :D

holy moses

i cant wait until it is available in that area of Ireland that the British stole ;)

Currently only getting 8meg speed but I have been told my line is in the training process and within 10 days should see higher speeds (If not I will phone them to make sure im on ADSL2 or what ever it is) :)

Was downloading a Linux image at 895kb per sec!!! took about 14 minutes to download the full 698mb image, Also Downloaded a Demo off Xbox Live that was 1.24gb and it only took about 40 minutes :D :eek:

What demo, crackdown?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im 99% sure it was crackdown... It was late last night and I just wanted to test the speed of Xbox live out, I hit download then watched Family Guy The movie (the christmas one) which lasts 44mins, by the time Family Guy finished my demo was down :D

I'm on connect with them atm. AND GOD IS IT SHIT. Could be my exchange, but I have to reboot the router and reconnect to the ADSL network entirely 3 times an hour. My speed grinds to a halt etc, it sucks. Fucking sky.

I'm on connect with them atm. AND GOD IS IT SHIT. Could be my exchange, but I have to reboot the router and reconnect to the ADSL network entirely 3 times an hour. My speed grinds to a halt etc, it sucks. Fucking sky.

Im guessing it depends on the area you live in... In my area its great :).. Have rebooted the router about twice in 3 days and left it on all night and it was still connected in the morning... Apparently switching routers sorts this problem out so Im going to have a go with my Belkin router.

Im guessing it depends on the area you live in... In my area its great :).. Have rebooted the router about twice in 3 days and left it on all night and it was still connected in the morning... Apparently switching routers sorts this problem out so Im going to have a go with my Belkin router.
We can use a different router? I was told that we have to use this shitty sky crippled version of my other router, which has never failed me. Were do you get the ADSL network username and password from, so I can use my other router?

so whats so special about that? 16meg is available for ages!
now if it would be cheap 50 or 100meg... then we could have a talk.

so whats so special about that? 16meg is available for ages!
now if it would be cheap 50 or 100meg... then we could have a talk.

You live in Germany... Its alot different over here in the UK ;)...

Sam, go here -

http://dg834gt.mognuts.com/NetgearRouterUtility.html

It allows you to rip the username and password from the Sky router, But the Sky contract says you must use their router, but I dont realy think they will be able to tell if you use another :)

Has anyone complained of being tracked with the wrong router?

nope, not yet... Persoanlly I dont think they will care... Eg if 10 people do it and they decide to disconnect them then thats £100 a month they are loosing which is £1,200 a year they will loose from disconnecting 10 users... As you know Sky wouldnt say No to £1,200 a year from 10 users because they are just using another router ;).. (Oh yea, And Im guessing it will be more in the 500 - 1,000+ range of people using a different router...

Has anyone complained of being tracked with the wrong router?

nope, not yet... Persoanlly I dont think they will care... Eg if 10 people do it and they decide to disconnect them then thats £100 a month they are loosing which is £1,200 a year they will loose from disconnecting 10 users... As you know Sky wouldnt say No to £1,200 a year from 10 users because they are just using another router ;).. (Oh yea, And Im guessing it will be more in the 500 - 1,000+ range of people using a different router...
yeah, i'll jus tell them the truth, their DG646GT kept fucking up, so I put my DG634GT back in.

Ok, but I don't think he meant to be rude. :)

Back