Sky Broadband

Steve-O

So, anyone using Sky broadband? just wondering as Im paying £24 for 1mb Boardband which is a rip off where as I could be paying £15 a month for the basic Sky Package plus £10 a month for upto 16mb unlimited Broadband which = £25.. so for £1 more Im getting Sky TV and upto 16mb broadband

But First I want to know if they are any good :)

Thanks

A guy at work decided to transfer to sky broadband a couple of months ago. I think is still waiting to get it installed. I'll ask him on wednesday if he has got it set up yet, and what he thinks.

sam fisher posted on Oct 2 2006 at 10:46 PM said:
I think its only open to Sky Max subscribers. Sorry.

nope its open to the basic £15 Basic 2 package thing as well... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sky Broadband is available to Sky subscribers in 3 packages, free, £5/month and £10/month. £10/ month is 16Mb unlimited (no setup cost, free wireless modem). Only thing is that they say "coming soon to your area" so clearly it isn't available yet. When it is I will move to them. At the moment, they want people to pay £17/month for their "mid" package, better to wait.

If sky is still satellite based there will be a huge latency of at least several hundred miliseconds. So internet gaming is out unless you're into backgammon or poker.

Downloads and web browsing should be fine tho.

Mmmm from a quick browse it looks like Sky bought out Easynet last year so it could be phone line based. I would certainly check tho.

It's cable, I was considering it for my granny, because the 1mb is free if you have a sky subscription.

But for the free one I think you need to pay £40 connection charge, £20 if you get cheapass deal and nothing if you get the 16mb deal.
Hmm, one month of 16mb + free 1mb...

Steve-O posted on Oct 3 2006 at 07:29 AM said:

I think Sam is right....

mdinire posted on Oct 3 2006 at 06:28 PM said:
Steve-O posted on Oct 3 2006 at 07:29 AM said:

I think Sam is right....

hes not, read the site.... "Open to ALL Sky customers", "Which ever Sky package you are on...."

My uncle said he phoned up and they said he couldnt get it cuz he didnt have the dearest package.. but he could be wrong

Mmmmm I'm going to watch this with interest. I can get basic sky and 16mb for very little more than my broadband alone. I'm a bit reluctant to move away from Nildram but this could be the deal to tempt me.

BaDToaD posted on Oct 5 2006 at 09:20 AM said:
Mmmmm I'm going to watch this with interest. I can get basic sky and 16mb for very little more than my broadband alone. I'm a bit reluctant to move away from Nildram but this could be the deal to tempt me.
For £5 a month, and £20 setup fee, you have 8Mb speed, and a cap of 40Gb a month. Heard nice deals before, they don't often materialise - hope this one does. This means the first year costs £80, my current AOL (2Mb speed) is £300 a year, so I will certainly swap over!! :)

Sky at the moment say it is not available yet in your area - yeah, right, if BT have broadband available on a line now, it can take theirs! :huh:

thats why Im thinking about it.. I can get it in my area but Unfortuantly their are too many users currently on it so they are going to contact me when they have more spaces :D.. My uncle just got it and it seems good

bacteria posted on Oct 5 2006 at 01:35 PM said:
For £5 a month, and £20 setup fee, you have 8Mb speed, and a cap of 40Gb a month. Heard nice deals before, they don't often materialise - hope this one does. This means the first year costs £80, my current AOL (2Mb speed) is £300 a year, so I will certainly swap over!! :)

Sky at the moment say it is not available yet in your area - yeah, right, if BT have broadband available on a line now, it can take theirs! :huh:
Only their 17.99 connect service. Unless htey have LLU in your exchange you cannot get their other ones.

Back