Breakout Box Instruction Manual

Stop your whinging, people. GPH release a breakout box, and most of the comments have been whingers complaining about this or that, and you haven't even seen it in action yet. You're acting like spoilt children.

EvilDragon, the manual mentions a utility called gp2xrecovery.exe. Is that included with the breakout box? If not, where would we get it from?

:blink: but I wasint whining, I was just asking ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop your whinging, people. GPH release a breakout box, and most of the comments have been whingers complaining about this or that, and you haven't even seen it in action yet. You're acting like spoilt children.
I may have been whinging a lot that the design is crap for being portable and more expensive than necessary.
But I stand by that. Unless the plastic-shelled one comes with an elegant docking method I am going to call the entire thing worthless to me.

I don't want to spend money on a BoB that is neither portable, or good-looking, or even properly functional when used in a home environment (no dock yet, we'll see on that, needs +12volt 1 amp PSU, still has no adaptor for S-Video to Composite in the box, for $50 throw in a 10 cent chinese knock off, Come on). For Developing is different, but I would make my own break-out box before buying this one without a shell, we shall see how much the shell costs.

(P.S. using another EXT connector is a bad design, using another $24 Official PSU brick is a bad design)

I would not mind if the housing was a docking station :p

Any word on price of the finbal unit ?
Exactly what I want to know. I would still mind though, I want mine portable and clipped to the back of the GP2X, obviously Serial and Jtag can take a hike for being able to fit in my pocket :), also the video could be in a headphones style jack for the sake of portability.

Edit, Jtag and serial could still be a plug-in deal under a cover on the back for the devs on the portable ones, no need to convert the Jtag all the way to Parallel since most devs have or can build a Jtag anyway.

I see nothing wrong with the BoB.

There is a 2-pin header that is most likely for external power supplies, and a tiny connector that I can't make out near the Right RCA audio jack. The are going 100% using everything available on this Dev-BoB.

Even pre-made JTAG to Parrallel adaptor, which IMHO is 100% more useful for developers than a 'solder-it-yourself' type design.

It could even have a li-ion battery pack on the bottom. Also it should fit in a large pocket, without cables everywhere.

True it could be smaller, indeed its not the most inspired design. The GP2X commuinty does not have the resources to make super tiny stuff with 100% awesome design and custom everything.

If the final price is less than $30 US its a deal.

I can't wait to use this so I can have mouse control with the Atari ST emulator. Using the stick for mouse control is too frustrating!

vaylen posted on Jul 1 2006 at 02:55 AM said:
I can't wait to use this so I can have mouse control with the Atari ST emulator. Using the stick for mouse control is too frustrating!
The question is... will skeezix implement USB mouse control? :p

Back