Tv Out

Probably, but since i don't actually remember HOW, i'll just type pound heh heh heh. Or worse yet accidently shorten it to lbs, which i have occasionally done out of ignorance.

Randomly guessing i had a dell, odd, but nice i guess (i've known quite a few laptops that don't have those things, infact, as far as i've seen, most of them don't)

As for that, thats too much of a pain, and its not really another way at all, and for me, i just have to press the numlock key cause thats how i set it in the bios.

fireball87 posted on Dec 24 2005 at 11:22 PM said:
Randomly guessing i had a dell, odd, but nice i guess (i've known quite a few laptops that don't have those things, infact, as far as i've seen, most of them don't)

As for that, thats too much of a pain, and its not really another way at all, and for me, i just have to press the numlock key cause thats how i set it in the bios.
thats probably because im staring at an inspiron 600m myself :p :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Inspiron 9300 here, ya know the ones with the 17 inch screens that way a half dozen lbs (exagurating on weight, not screen size). Its done me well though, concidering i don't leave places that have proper room to use it.

Nice hack, there! (I thought cables were already being shipped... :rolleyes: )

On the topic of £; is the swedish keyboard layout the only one to use Alt Gr + 3 for typing £?

I can't wait for TV out functionality. Of course I have a better setup at MY house (a PC hooked up directly to my home theatre), but the whole point of this is that it is PORTABLE. :) (Else why get a Gamepark at all? You can do EVERYTHING better on your PC)

It is going to be pretty sweet to walk into a buddy's house and hookup Street Fighter II on his big screen TV. Or Quake. Or my latest DivX. Or show off some photos. Or anything. :)

BTW, on the subject of special characters, you can go to Start/Run and run 'charmap'. That will pull up the Windows character map and show you the full character set for any font. Click on a character and it will show you the key combo in the bottom corner. And if you are having problems getting the key combos to work (ie laptop issues), just double click the characters you want to enter them into the box at the bottom, and click Copy.

On a mac and all you have to do is hold down option (alt)+3 £££££££££££££ weeee

Whats with the 3 button combo TelcoLou posted. Are you supposed to hit all 4 buttons?!?!? God windows is complicated.

reallynotnick posted on Dec 28 2005 at 09:58 PM said:
On a mac and all you have to do is hold down option (alt)+3 £££££££££££££ weeee

Whats with the 3 button combo TelcoLou posted. Are you supposed to hit all 4 buttons?!?!? God windows is complicated.
GARGH Misro$oft is evil!!! Bill gates is satan! George bush kills kittens!!!

Hush

That combinatination was for people without a european keyboard. Holding alt and typing character codes into the keypad allows you to type characters which you dont have keys for. My guess is that you have a european keyboard with a pound sign on it so you dont have to resort to the keypad

reallynotnick posted on Dec 28 2005 at 11:16 PM said:
Nope standard USA keyboard.

......... So what about those tv-out cables?...... Crazy heh?.......

Yeah, crazy as in non-functional. I get sound but no video ... sucks ass too, as I had to go to Radio Shack to get extension cables and a coupler ... :angry:

TelcoLou posted on Dec 28 2005 at 11:48 PM said:
reallynotnick posted on Dec 28 2005 at 11:16 PM said:
Nope standard USA keyboard.

......... So what about those tv-out cables?...... Crazy heh?.......

Yeah, crazy as in non-functional. I get sound but no video ... sucks ass too, as I had to go to Radio Shack to get extension cables and a coupler ... :angry:
shouldnt you have tested it before you bought an extension cable :rolleyes:

invokebane posted on Dec 29 2005 at 11:56 AM said:
So you end up having to get a extra male-2-female s-video converter.

You mean female 2 female right?

Mine should be coming soon, but I have no way to test it without my gp2x working....

I got my cable from Play Asia last week, and just got it working over the weekend, after upgrading firmware to 1.2.0.

Movie playback was great, but DrMD was terrible. Screen was split in two horizonatally, with the top half of the screen clear image of the whole display, and the bottom like a horribly ghosted image of the same image. SNES works great though, so who knows.

Give Reesy some money to get the cable and test this!!!!!
:)

Back