Breakout Box Instruction Manual

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
As the Developer-Edition of the BreakOut Box (no housing yet :)) has been released, you can have a look at the instruction manual.

BoB.jpg

Or have a look at this hi-res image :)

oh...great.. another tiny cable.. my breakout box is going to be hanging in the air attached to my 2X with a cable that small.

Does it come with that cable or is it bought separately? What about the TV-Out cable?

I've just recently bought five-metres long audio and s-video cables and a she-to-she S-vid bit for my TV-out cable, but I'd get one of these things if the cable was a metre longer and I was sure I could connect external controllers to it for 2-player games to be played on the TV.

Shikaku

"The ???" is an Standard Serial RS-232.

So the people who has the first edition or second (not mk2) we are goingto need to be plugged??? That is crap innit?

Where is the portability? The great thing of the ideal BOB would be to have wi-fi connection, or see the TV on the street...or just you go to a friends house and he wants to transfer to you the new album of blablabla, from his MP3... but we cant... because we have the old one... goood for you GPH... :(

This version looks pretty small (which is good). I hope the case will be lite enough to keep it portable.

Jimmy, maybe we can get some internet connection if we connect a mobile phone with internal modem and internet access to it. But the GP2X would probably need drivers for that...

Didn't techfreak make a bob which didn't need a power adapter to supply mk1(only for small devices I think, mp3 etc)? So why are GPH making ones that need one?

techfreak made a bob, he said that small devices like flash-based mp3 players worked.

This new manual from GPH says that it won't even start without a power adaptor on mk1's.. Please say it isn't true.

Stop your whinging, people. GPH release a breakout box, and most of the comments have been whingers complaining about this or that, and you haven't even seen it in action yet. You're acting like spoilt children.

EvilDragon, the manual mentions a utility called gp2xrecovery.exe. Is that included with the breakout box? If not, where would we get it from?

Back