Tv Out


nigelibrown

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
149
Age
50
Location
Bristol, England
Website
www.nigelibrown.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Ok after a lot of messing with upgrades I finaly managed to get a B/W image on TV. (now colour) There were problems including composite levels that fooled me for a while. But below is a link to an image taken moments ago.

This is a realy quick hack, no case on connector, first cpacitor I could find. Lead was closest to hand etc..

The next product from Toyz4Boyz will be a breakout box that will support 2xUSB, Serial, TV out, Audio out(not sure why this was patched through ext when you have headphone socket ?) 5v Power 3.3v Power

http://www.toyz4boyz.co.uk/gp2x/hardware/e...ages/GP2xTV.jpg
 

chaos engineer

tit for tat
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
590
Location
Switzerland
Website
Visit site
I love my GP2X, but why should one feel the desire to watch a movie on tv via GP2X? I am not excited about this tv out function, even if it will be possible to play games on tv, I mean the GP2X is a great handheld. If I want to play emulators on the big screen I use my computer which is much more powerful than the GP2x.
 

hando

Chief Editor
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
967
Age
46
Location
Poznan, Poland
Website
www.gp32x.com
chaos engineer posted on Dec 23 2005 at 11:33 AM said:
I love my GP2X, but why should one feel the desire to watch a movie on tv via GP2X? I am not excited about this tv out function, even if it will be possible to play games on tv, I mean the GP2X is a great handheld. If I want to play emulators on the big screen I use my computer which is much more powerful than the GP2x.

Everything is just matter of personal preferences. For me playing SNES / NES / Genesis or whatever else is much more fun on BIG screen tv than on my 17" monitor.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

chaos engineer

tit for tat
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
590
Location
Switzerland
Website
Visit site
hando posted on Dec 23 2005 at 12:41 PM said:
chaos engineer posted on Dec 23 2005 at 11:33 AM said:
I love my GP2X, but why should one feel the desire to watch a movie on tv via GP2X? I am not excited about this tv out function, even if it will be possible to play games on tv, I mean the GP2X is a great handheld. If I want to play emulators on the big screen I use my computer which is much more powerful than the GP2x.

Everything is just matter of personal preferences. For me playing SNES / NES / Genesis or whatever else is much more fun on BIG screen tv than on my 17" monitor.

O.k. maybe I think like this because I do not have a big screen tv at home. And a second reason could be that I have got a laptop with tv out which I never used.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

RichKS

Still Fresh
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
34
Age
45
Location
Southampton, UK
Website
totl.net
For me the why is easy: I have an XBox and XBMC. Most of my friends don't. Being able to watch DivX video at my mates house is a big plus.
 

jbb

Still Fresh
Joined
May 28, 2003
Messages
63
This cable... it has no audio links? nor s-video? Mmmm.
JBB
 

Axeman

Axemeister
Joined
Apr 5, 2003
Messages
4,220
Location
Newport, Wales, UK
Website
Visit site
jbb posted on Dec 23 2005 at 12:47 PM said:
This cable... it has no audio links? nor s-video? Mmmm.
JBB

Its actually a home made cable by the look of it. I think the actual official cable is s-video based.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

barnesy

Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
488
Website
Visit site
Does that breakout box feature list mean you can get sound out of the ext port? I've not looked at the pinouts etc, but that would be handy for me because I'd like to use TV out but my GP is currently in its 'no headphone socket' configuration! :p
 

geniv

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2005
Messages
154
chaos engineer posted on Dec 23 2005 at 07:33 AM said:
I love my GP2X, but why should one feel the desire to watch a movie on tv via GP2X? I am not excited about this tv out function, even if it will be possible to play games on tv, I mean the GP2X is a great handheld. If I want to play emulators on the big screen I use my computer which is much more powerful than the GP2x.

now that I think about it. it's true.

I got a high end PC with component output to my crappy 32" SDTV so it kinda is pointless to have output from the gp2x to the tv
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aaaaaaaa

Guest
yeah but you wont be taking your computer everythwer with you...
 
Top