Box86 - Linux Userspace x86 Emulator

Hello all :)

A suggestion for a game that may run well on Box86:

This is the full game, one no longer needs to buy a license for it.

Closed-source Linux i386 binary (works well on x86_64 too if you want to give it a try at home)

Fun little racer similar to Slicks 'n Slide for those who were around in the 90's ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam

I see. It seemed like it didn't require a kernel module but I don't know why it would.

This is a really really really cool project.

Why are some libraries emulated and some wrapped?

EDIT: and the performance is AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
If I understand correctly, wrapping a library requires some code specific for that library. Doing so for commonly used lib is interesting but you can't do it for all libs.

If I understand correctly, wrapping a library requires some code specific for that library. Doing so for commonly used lib is interesting but you can't do it for all libs.

Yes. Only a "few" library are wrapped (I didn't count, but more than 50). The others are still emulated. Also c++ library are not wrapped, as it would be too messy to handle in a reasonable way.

Hello all :)

A suggestion for a game that may run well on Box86:

This is the full game, one no longer needs to buy a license for it.

Closed-source Linux i386 binary (works well on x86_64 too if you want to give it a try at home)

Fun little racer similar to Slicks 'n Slide for those who were around in the 90's ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam
Thanks for the news for the game. It's not my type of fun games...but maybe someone like it.
I did a quick test and made a little video about it.

The game seems to run very nice (still with the old 0.3.5 version of Box86) but the little font is barely visible...see when i zoomed on options/keys.

Back