Release Airline Tycoon Deluxe

Discussion in 'Software Releases' started by ptitSeb, Feb 27, 2019.

1. ptitSeb

ptitSeb Serial Porter

Here is a Launcher for Airline Tycoon Deluxe
    [​IMG]
    This is just a launcher for the Linux version of the game, so you'll need to have the original game. Either put the gog shell script installer in appdata/atdeluxe (it will be detected and data autoextracted is name is gog_airline_tycoon_deluxe_*.sh) or copy the whole files of an already installed copy.

A video of Airline Tyccon Deluxe running on a Gigahertz Pandora

The first screen to select languages is way to big for the Pandora, and only English, German and French are on screen... Language selection is stored in appdata/atdeluxe/home/.AirlineTycoonDeluxe/language.ini The rest of the game is fullscreen and fit the screen.

Note that if extracting gog data on a FAT32 SDCard, the game will take more space that it should: the archive contains a lot of symlink for the different languages and symlink are not supported on FAT32 and the extractor will fall back to copying the file instead of symlink...

(This is the first PND using Box86. I'll create a full thread about Box86 later. Just a warning, current Box86 doesn't include any JIT, so it can be slow, and still contains bugs... You've been warned.)

There seems to be a bug in Box86, the intro movie have no sound. Rest of the game is fine, with sound and music (but I suggest you disable Screen transition effect)

History log
    =========

Build 01
    -----------

• Use vanilla Linux version, with Box86

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  2. Farox

Farox Certified Guru

Great!
    Next frontier is the release of a good amount of (not too demanding) Linux x86 games on Pandora (and Pyra).

I'll test this game on the weekend :)

3. xnopasaranx

xnopasaranx Superbad!

wow, I didn't think you would release box86 so soon! very cool, thanks a lot!

levi likes this.
  4. klapse

klapse Central Scrutinizer

All hail the great ptitSeb!

What sort of x86 level of power are we getting? 80486?

5. ptitSeb

ptitSeb Serial Porter

It's difficult to say because of how the emu works (some library calls are native, so pretty fast). But I would say early Pentium for now... but with SSE2 capabilities :p

PokeParadox and ClockworkCoder like this.
  6. Pickle

Pickle Mega GP Mania

so are you actually running a x86 linux distro with box86 to do this?

7. ptitSeb

ptitSeb Serial Porter

Nope. I just have a spare copy of the i386 version of libstdc++.so and libgcc_s.so. Look at the size of the PND: 7MB :D

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  8. Pickle

Pickle Mega GP Mania

so its like a wine+qemu type of setup

9. ptitSeb

ptitSeb Serial Porter

It's like qemu, but many libs the software use (libc, libm, SDL..) or the native version, using some wrappers...

10. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Ah, no kernel so you're doing a kind of emu inside a chroot thing to be running on the main system kernel? Cool stuff.

11. ptitSeb

ptitSeb Serial Porter

No full chroot involed, just a few libs, but chroot can works too of course.
    Wait I'll opensource the whole thing (soon) so you can see for yourself how it works.

CommanderB, ElPoco and levi like this.
  12. shaddim

shaddim Member

Interesting! Did you made any use of the source code GOG added for this game as bonus?
    https://www.gog.com/news/release_bairline_tycoon_deluxeb "As an added bonus, the package here comes with the game's Windows source code for your viewing and tweaking pleasure."

13. ptitSeb

ptitSeb Serial Porter

No, the point was to use Box86, so I kept the pure official Linux x86 build.

14. Farox

Farox Certified Guru

Just tested on my CC Pandora using the GOG release and it run good, the only thing that annoy me is the tiny text used (on the mails for example) , but the rest is running very fine, congrats.