boston pandora people hope you are safe

I don't see what the huge deal is honestly. Yes its a shame for idiots to blow up innocent civilians minding their own business, but in the grand scheme of human tragedies this wasn't even close to the number of people killed and injured in traffic accidents today or other shootings or robberies.

I know that's insanely insensitive of me and cold hearted but I really hate when stuff like this becomes headlines because if someone wants nationwide attention or cause a panic or an overreaction they need not turn any further than their local hardware store and a large crowd of people.

Terrorism is the nastiest form of vandalism - trashing people's lives for no real reason.

Isn't all this publicity playing into 'their' hands?

Thankfully, very few people were hurt by these bombs - yet everyone still panics.

Every day in the US, 100 people die in car crashes

Better road design and lower speed limits could easily prevent three deaths every day

---

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Its about scaring people, and it works :(

If only humans weren't so bad at understanding risk...

While I hate the circumstances, I was proud of the people running toward the explosion to help the wounded, not caring about the danger.  Shows there's still good people in the world.

Yeah I hope everyone and theirs are safe.

Sad about those that have been caught up in this though.

Sadly terror will never end and innocents will always get caught up in the shit

If only humans weren't so bad at understanding risk...
I disagree. I think most people have a good ability to assess risks. Sometimes people will proceed even knowing the risks.

I have to say, as a runner myself, bombs are not in my risk assessment. Even knowing that a 23 year old died at Brighton marathon in the UK this weekend, I know there's a risk I could have a stroke/heart attack, but I'm still running my half marathon in a few weeks.

Terrorism is the nastiest form of vandalism - trashing people's lives for no real reason.
"Terrorism" is more complex than that. Hope the injured get well soon and this happens never again (but the world need to change and be more fair and people must have enough to live, to make this happen).

Some people massively overestimate the risk of being injured in an explosion on public transport, and underestimate the risk of using the roads (for example). Luckily those people are not everyone.

rohezal is right. Terrorism is a huge, complicated mess of politics, religion, racism, military history, economics, mismatched cultures, sexism, jealousy, heroism and a list that could fill a small book.

Doesn't make it any less depressing that people feel the need to randomly kill their fellow hummans though.

True, for some (on risk assessment), saying "humans" implied the majority.

Anyway, yes, I agree, it's very disheartening to think that people need to kill others, and worse, those who enjoy it. Maybe we need a Battle Royale, and put all of them in it. They can satisfy their bloodlust, and we can carry on as normal ;)

qm.gif
qm.gif
a40nh4u.png

Better road design and lower speed limits could easily prevent three deaths every day
And I guess the deaths that are caused by the daily gun violence in the USA are also pretty high.  Sad thing is, there are so many Terrorists and Suicide attacks in the world every day, look at Afghanistan, Iraq and the whole middle east but when 2 people die in the USA because of such an attack, we insantly get newsbreaks on every channel, even here in germany. All news-Channels in TV are reporting from Boston, live tickers, everywhere since yesterday.  Weird.   :wacko:

Maybe I think to "global" but for me, it doesn't matter where people are killed, it's always the same mess and tragedy. People in Afghanistan are not less worth than people in the USA. But nobody seems to care anymore until it happens in their own Country. What a World. 

I think we are all awaiting to hear what Justin Bieber has to say on this..
Bieber pissed of his fans yesterday here in germany, he appeared 3hours to late to a concert and this caused the parents to bring their Kids back at home because the underagesd ones are not allowed to be on a Concert after 10 pm or so. Youth protection laws'n stuff.  I guess Bieber now has some less fans.   :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

And I guess the deaths that are caused by the daily gun violence in the USA are also pretty high.  Sad thing is, there are so many Terrorists and Suicide attacks in the world every day, look at Afghanistan, Iraq and the whole middle east but when 2 people die in the USA because of such an attack, we insantly get newsbreaks on every channel, even here in germany. All news-Channels in TV are reporting from Boston, live tickers, everywhere since yesterday.  Weird.   :wacko:

Maybe I think to "global" but for me, it doesn't matter where people are killed, it's always the same mess and tragedy. People in Afghanistan are not less worth than people in the USA. But nobody seems to care anymore until it happens in their own Country. What a World. 

>I think we are all awaiting to hear what Justin Bieber has to say on this..
Bieber pissed of his fans yesterday here in germany, he appeared 3hours to late to a concert and this caused the parents to bring their Kids back at home because the underagesd ones are not allowed to be on a Concert after 10 pm or so. Youth protection laws'n stuff.  I guess Bieber now has some less fans.   :rolleyes:
Give those kids the Pandora so they can stay away from Just Diaber  :D I can't stand this kid.

Yeah , I agree with you but technically the one who speaks the loudest is often the one heard. America has a lot of media power and it likes to abuse of it when something happens in its territory. And you dont follow the crowd you end up being called unpatriotic or something else. Social pressure. 

What is news was were the attack happened and it specifically targeted a crowded event, especially the Boston Marathon draws people from around the world.

Boston is a city that is only a few hour drive to were I live.. I drove through that very area when I went to PAX, they were setting up the banners for the Marathon as I was driving through. So to me this hits home quite a bit. I do keep up with World events, I know what is happening around the world or at least what NPR and BBC news are telling me and it's all a tragic and it's sad that it doesn't get as much attention.

Amen.  Be safe, be well, and hope you nor anyone you care about was hurt in this tragedy.

Sometimes, things happen that make you wonder just what the hell the world is coming to.

This is a tragedy.  Sending good Karma towards Boston!

Back