Last Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOF2

Still Fresh
I am guessing that I am the only one that can't use the format option on my computer I have a Emachines Windows XP Computer. No I am not blind I don't see the format option on my computer. So I am going to get help from you nice people or just give up and play the built in games and make the batteries go dead like mad.

For the people who could format their card I am so happy for you because I will never be able to do this let me put it in a way you understand it is as simple as this when I go to properties their is no format menu so all hope is lost unless you can help I can't play emulation in FAT32 format. Most people have a problem emulating and getting the right stuff thats the easy part for me formatting the card is the hard part for me.

:( Good Bye-King of Fighters
:( Good Bye-Money Idol Exchanger / Money Puzzle Exchanger

For I will never figure out how to format my card to a FAT32 because my stupid computer is the only computer in the world with out a format option. So I can give up or get a application or program to format a SD Card or get help from you guys.

AOF2 posted on Feb 2 2007 at 10:11 PM said:
I am guessing that I am the only one that can't use the format option on my computer I have a Emachines Windows XP Computer. No I am not blind I don't see the format option on my computer. So I am going to get help from you nice people or just give up and play the built in games and make the batteries go dead like mad.

For the people who could format their card I am so happy for you because I will never be able to do this let me put it in a way you understand it is as simple as this when I go to properties their is no format menu so all hope is lost unless you can help I can't play emulation in FAT32 format. Most people have a problem emulating and getting the right stuff thats the easy part for me formatting the card is the hard part for me.

For I will never figure out how to format my card to a FAT32 because my stupid computer is the only computer in the world with out a format option. So I can give up or get a application or program to format a SD Card or get help from you guys.
Click START then Run, type CMD into the Open box and press ENTER to open a command prompt.
In the command prompt type FORMAT X: /FS:FAT32
Replacing X with the drive letter of your card.

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 2 2007 at 10:17 PM said:

Click START then Run, type CMD into the Open box and press ENTER to open a command prompt.

Thank you for the help but all hope is lost that will not work beacuse my computer is not set up like that to go to run by using the start option also I thank you for your reply but I think I need more help than that I need some one to tell me how to get the format option on their.

AOF2 posted on Feb 2 2007 at 10:28 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 2 2007 at 10:17 PM said:

Thank you for the help but all hope is lost I have decided to get a application or program to help since I can't find a retard manual and I'm lost at the part where you say go to "CMD" have no clue where that is you may need to do a screen capture or I will never figure it out.
on XP, click the GREEN start button, and click RUN
in the little box that opens, type CMD and press ENTER, this opens up a little black box with lots of words in it, this is called a Command prompt. In that black box type the following:

FORMAT X: /FS:FAT32

But replace X with the drive letter of your Card.

Press ENTER.

If you can't get the black box to open using that, Open windows explorer, type "C:\WINDOWS\system32" into the Address bar and press enter. Now double click the "cmd.exe" icon and carry on as per before.

Squidge posted on Feb 2 2007 at 10:40 PM said:
If you can't get the black box to open using that, Open windows explorer, type "C:\WINDOWS\system32" into the Address bar and press enter. Now double click the "cmd.exe" icon and carry on as per before.
You're gonna confuse him even more now :blink:

Squidge posted on Feb 2 2007 at 10:40 PM said:

After understanding what you ment by "X" I figured it out and was able to format my portable USB drive as a FAT32 as practice for when I get my SD card thanks both of you ;) .

Blah posted on Feb 2 2007 at 10:54 PM said:
What the holy hell?

Alright, go to My Computer with whatever you're using to read the card plugged in. Take a screenshot and upload it, so we know the view from your world.

I had already tried that, this site would'nt let me do that but you are too late my friend I figured it out.

EDIT:NEVER MIND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back