Boomshine2x

Well, I've played almost all of the entries and so far my vote goes to Boomshine2x. Relaxing music, cool effects (I like the change in tone when a ball collides with a circle), it's just a fun game all around. Good job!

pkostrze said:
Well, I've played almost all of the entries and so far my vote goes to Boomshine2x. Relaxing music, cool effects (I like the change in tone when a ball collides with a circle), it's just a fun game all around. Good job!
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be interesting to see how this game will perform with the new Fenix runtime. It would be great to have a longer play (more levels, with more balls) :)

Once again good job on a smooth game, Sam!

the new runtime could be very helpful with this, as collision detection can be slow in fenix. Well, a lot can be slow in fenix. Transparencies were much faster than I assumed they would be.

I think the concept, music, and how well the game runs is fantastic.

Some things to consider however;
I played through the entire game with a score of 290 without reading the instructions the very first time I even looked at it. As the levels progress, it's hard not to lose.

At one point the music hits an off key. If you listen closely there is one note that is way, way off. Who cares though?

Consider adding challenges like exploding only 3 balls when the screen is full of them, adding characteristics to certain color balls (i.e. some blow big but go away faster), or having the play area larger than the screen.

I call Boomshine more of a work of art than a game. What are your long term plans for this project?

poodle said:
I think the concept, music, and how well the game runs is fantastic.

Some things to consider however;
I played through the entire game with a score of 290 without reading the instructions the very first time I even looked at it. As the levels progress, it's hard not to lose.

At one point the music hits an off key. If you listen closely there is one note that is way, way off. Who cares though?

Consider adding challenges like exploding only 3 balls when the screen is full of them, adding characteristics to certain color balls (i.e. some blow big but go away faster), or having the play area larger than the screen.

I call Boomshine more of a work of art than a game. What are your long term plans for this project?
Trust me, level 12 can prove to be quite difficult, you just got lucky that time.

poodle said:
Well he didn't make it, it's from the original flash game.

Indeed. My new plan is actually to stop development of this game. As I don't want to change the idea of what the original author intended the original game to be. I will however carry on development of an entirely separate version of the game called "Boomshine2x++" that will include whatever the hell I want firstly starting with some different "skins" that *should* impact how the game plays depending on which one you use (i.e. different shaped explosions).

I actually found the original game boring; once played through and that's it. If you implement your own features it would make it a lot funnier. Different explosion sizes, shapes, speeds, and modes etc..

Dude, very slick game. Very relaxing, and yet so fustrating to get beyond 300 points.

When I did clear all te balls, the reward music kinda made me jump as the background music is so relaxing.

"Well he didn't make it, it's from the original flash game"

I'm sorry but that's irrelevant. If there's a problem with the music, there's a problem with the music.

"I will however carry on development of an entirely separate version of the game called "Boomshine2x++" that will include whatever the hell I want firstly starting with some different "skins" that *should* impact how the game plays depending on which one you use (i.e. different shaped explosions)."

My mistake, I thought people posted here to get feedback.

I think he took this from you sam, "Boomshine2x++" that will include whatever the hell I want..." as meaning you didn't want others ideas or opinions. when in fact you were really saying that anything goes in that version and you actually could include others new ideas in that version. you're restricted in the current version since the goal of that is basically to bring the experience of that game to the gp2x.

like he said a miscommunication

Back