Boomshine2x Gameplay Video

Nagelfar

I just captured a gameplay video for my Boomshine remake and put it on Youtube for your utter enjoyment ;)

The game itself is almost ready to be released in full and you can already download a 3 level demo here!

anpqxlzx5hg9rp8ig.png
anpqz5dz5zz5ypwew.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say this in the beta thread, but make sure you make the background a dark colour to be easier on the eyes, and enable diagonal controls. Looking forward to this Nagelfar :)

Certainly a lot faster than you were complaining about it being before :) Nice job :)

Currently: Mine is at 200mhz with sound running 30fps. However, that is only in the lower levels. There is certainly slowdown, currently, in the last level.

Alex. said:
I was going to say this in the beta thread, but make sure you make the background a dark colour to be easier on the eyes....
Can I add to this - I've just been playing the flash version and I've never seen it before - and it's really relaxing. If you can get the music and sounds as well, it'll be absolutely ace!

Looks good so far... and a black background would make it easier on the eyes. I'll be trying this out!

Great job! I can't wait for full version.

However youtube link is wrong (it's the same of Boomshine page :p )

I think it's this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=D1LXy4Uy_-I

No, it is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfhzNDxYoBY fixed in the OP, thx.

I was going to say this in the beta thread, but make sure you make the background a dark colour to be easier on the eyes, and enable diagonal controls. Looking forward to this Nagelfar :)

What color would you suggest? To be honest I don't like the green of the original game. Diagonal Controls are in the making.

Certainly a lot faster than you were complaining about it being before :) Nice job :)

Currently: Mine is at 200mhz with sound running 30fps. However, that is only in the lower levels. There is certainly slowdown, currently, in the last level.

Yeah it was optimized quite a bit *g*

If you can get the music and sounds as well, it'll be absolutely ace!

Music and sound is already in there, check out the non alpha vid :)

Nagelfar said:
What color would you suggest? To be honest I don't like the green of the original game.
A dark navy blue, perhaps? Gray would be too boring.

How fast can your run on a level twelve scenario right now? Can it do 60, 30 or less (fps) under those conditions? 60 balls and explosions going on?

Edit: Here is a link to my version of boomshine2x in a level 12 scenario a.k.a. sixty balls. I wonder how it compares? This is 200mhz BTW :) Link

Edit2: That is with sound and everything.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
I want that so much (extender by quiest is one of my fav homebrews)
but it is in java!! could someone please make it drag and droppable!? :(

looks awesome tho :)

mine is drag and drop :p It has the runtime included in it and its all in the correct structure, so you can drop it anywhere on Nand or SD. I'm surprised how different the two versions are :eek:

I am sure you will be able to work out how to install it, purple goat. It's fairly easy, almost as easy as using an emulator. You need a directory for your java-runtimes and inside one for the games. Making a startup script should be a piece of cake then, if one is not included.

xnopasaranx said:
I am sure you will be able to work out how to install it, purple goat. It's fairly easy, almost as easy as using an emulator. You need a directory for your java-runtimes and inside one for the games. Making a startup script should be a piece of cake then, if one is not included.
Na, he couldn't get the other games running as well, beats me, so he joined the java bashing train. And yes, a startup skript is included.

sam fisher said:
How fast can your run on a level twelve scenario right now? Can it do 60, 30 or less (fps) under those conditions? 60 balls and explosions going on?

Edit: Here is a link to my version of boomshine2x in a level 12 scenario a.k.a. sixty balls. I wonder how it compares? This is 200mhz BTW :) Link

Edit2: That is with sound and everything.

I don't know, I capped the fps at 30.

So you get 30fps, with sound and with 60 balls and explosions taking place? I have been bested by fenix :( mine goes to 25fps with 60 balls and explosions :( thats a ratio of about 40 balls to 20 explosiosn taking place at a time.

it looks great already! it also looks smoother than extender did on my pc, hehe.

are you planning to implement the feature where the screen turns a different colour when you've made the requisite explosions?

either way, this is great stuff.

sam fisher said:
So you get 30fps, with sound and with 60 balls and explosions taking place? I have been bested by fenix :( mine goes to 25fps with 60 balls and explosions :( thats a ratio of about 40 balls to 20 explosiosn taking place at a time.
Almost 30fps, probably goes down to 22 for a second or two but I'm sure (if necessary) Fungo and me can optimize some more and squeeze some more frames out of it :)

subin said:
are you planning to implement the feature where the screen turns a different colour when you've made the requisite explosions?
Yeah, probably.

I have the game up and running too :D with 30 fps and 60 balls... unoptimized.

Tho I promised Sam not to release it... as this is his first project he wants to follow through... well, I think, if I`m not pleased with those to I`m gonna release a third clone :D

Back