Black Or White

Quiest posted on Aug 23 2005 at 02:16 PM said:
Yep, I wanna do that, but I have to do much work on the game system.
don't know if it's easy to do, but the demo on the official site (in flash) had a faster interface: the cursor moves a lto faster, and instead of dragging the line, you mark the corners (so you can do long straight lines faster, and no problem if you go a square to far :) )

also i saw the original game also has more competitive modes etc, any chance of implementing those (althoug i think you'de have to switch to a vertical layout, cause it uses the two screens of the ds :) )

and have you given thought to the puzzles? 28kb of puzzles taking up 800kb of smc space is not good, it's not gp war proportions (yet), but is not so good for projects, the more space they take up, the shorter they remain on a smc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Racemaniac posted on Aug 23 2005 at 04:31 PM said:
Quiest posted on Aug 23 2005 at 02:16 PM said:
Yep, I wanna do that, but I have to do much work on the game system.
don't know if it's easy to do, but the demo on the official site (in flash) had a faster interface: the cursor moves a lto faster, and instead of dragging the line, you mark the corners (so you can do long straight lines faster, and no problem if you go a square to far :) )

also i saw the original game also has more competitive modes etc, any chance of implementing those (althoug i think you'de have to switch to a vertical layout, cause it uses the two screens of the ds :) )

and have you given thought to the puzzles? 28kb of puzzles taking up 800kb of smc space is not good, it's not gp war proportions (yet), but is not so good for projects, the more space they take up, the shorter they remain on a smc...

Oh yes, the demo method on their site is pretty good, I`m gonna try to make it like this :)
And I maybe have an idea on how to make the levelpacks better/in one file. But don`t expect any updates soon, as I am first working on an update for Klatterbox and then for the minigame project.

Quiest posted on Aug 25 2005 at 04:41 PM said:
Anyone through all puzzles, yet?
Now in puzzle 50... :)

EDIT: Finished :D... I need more :rolleyes:

Great, Great Game, Thank You ;)

It's really great to see this game on the GP32, apart from the lack of a touchscreen, it's much more suitable. It would be great if one day you could just download new puzzle-sets from gp32x.de and throw them in your bow folder and play away!

Three things that still bother me:

The controls feel terrible! It needs to be much faster and more like the original game, were you can go back, etc.

The saving... Please add a manual save option, all this excessive saving is giving me headaches and destroys the gaming mood. I just want to play a few puzzles without pauses in between.

The way you store the puzzles is a bit sub-optimal, as others already noticed. Maybe you could store those files inside a zip or some other archive (it doesn't even have to be compressed) and load them into memory on program start.

Feature-requests:

- puzzle editor
- easy import/export of custom puzzles
- flashy animations and FX :)
- Theme-ing support
- sound and music (some relaxing BG music like in Ghostpix would be nice; or a custom music option like in GPSudoku)

Anyway, nice work!

AHHHHHH!!!! I'm not able to play it!!!
On the screen I got a division by 2.... ( Basically two B&W on the screen..)
What I can do ??

Thanks!

Ciao

Back