Sliders 32

Racemaniac

Scorched GP programmer
Website
Visit site
Here i am again, new game (again copied from what someone else is makin :(, but sourcecode is within, and i've asked Dustin before releasing it if he would mind...)

It's a sliding puzzle game first some screens:
sliders32-1.jpg
sliders32-2.jpg

Some basic info:
-you can adjust the playfield size (number of blocks horizontal/vertical, independently, from 3x3 to 20x20)
-keeps highscores (of every possible playfield size)
-you can add your own images to the game :)

the readme:
Sliders32
By Racemaniac
goal: reassemble the puzzle as fast as possible :) (highscores are kept). and make it as hard as you want (up to 20x20, but i don't think anyone will use that :p ).
and most of all: have fun :)

Controls:
in the menu:
-left/right/up/down: change the playfield size (3x3 to 20x20)
-L/R: change the picture
-A: start game

while playing:
-B: pauze the game (with option to return to the menu)
-A: switch between both control methods
-up/down/left/right: move the pieces

Installing extra images:
convert them to a ping image (RGB), and put them in the images folder (remember, only the upper left area of 240x240 pixels will be used), and add a line to the images.txt containing the filename (remember that the last line must be empty).

Any comments/suggestions? put it on the gp32x board :)

I'd say enjoy the game, and if you got some good images to puzzle with, put them here :)

and the url:
GET IT HERE :)

Hi,

I haven't played it yet so don't shoot me if it doesn't have this feature:

What about a game.txt file with:
picture filename (image1.png)
number of blocks across/down (e.g. 4)
time limit in seconds (e.g. 20)
Code:
image1.png 3 120
image2.png 4 120
image3.png 4 100
image4.png 4 90
image5.png 5 300
It then starts a game where it goes through each of these in order and you have to beat the time to progress.

That way people can release game sets :)

Yeah sweet, but I am missing that other control style where you move the empty square, not the pieces - I like that much more.

Also:
What`s the diffrence between the in the zip included slidersm.prg and sliders.prg?

Yeah sweet, but I am missing that other control style where you move the empty square, not the pieces - I like that much more.

Also:
What`s the diffrence between the in the zip included slidersm.prg and sliders.prg?
while playing you should be able to swich between both with the A button.
sliders m is with the animated tiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, yes, now I noticed :D The anims look really nice!
And I`m really astouned that adding pics is so easy :)

I tried it now, but it didn't like my 8bit PNG image (it was just a mess of shades of blue). Do only truecolor PNGs work?

That panel on the side is a bit, how to say... Ugly!
Any changes you might modify it a bit? ;-)
Neutral colors and a font that doesn't look pixely-squeezed should do the trick.

An icon (simple image of a 4x4 grid would be enough already) would be nice, since I got so many icon-less programs and it's hard to remember which one's which.

And the Fenix loading screen is annoying.

That aside, the game mechanics are nice, especially the smooth sliding panels!

I tried it now, but it didn't like my 8bit PNG image (it was just a mess of shades of blue). Do only truecolor PNGs work?

That panel on the side is a bit, how to say... Ugly!
Any changes you might modify it a bit? ;-)
Neutral colors and a font that doesn't look pixely-squeezed should do the trick.

An icon (simple image of a 4x4 grid would be enough already) would be nice, since I got so many icon-less programs and it's hard to remember which one's which.

And the Fenix loading screen is annoying.

That aside, the game mechanics are nice, especially the smooth sliding panels!
well, i made it in about 2 days, so everything is made just to suffice :p
anyone is welcome to make me a new panel, i got better things to do :p
and 8 bit pings aren't accepted indeed, they have to be truecolor indeed :)

about the fenix loading screen, you'll have to live with it, unless the person making a good panel also makes a good loading screen (and while he's at it, make a few nice images for puzzles too :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that Dana Plato (from Different Strokes) in your example picture!!!
It sure looks like her.

Back