Best Game on Pandora in 2013 ?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Since we are reaching the end of 2013 (and still no apocalypse, by the way, seems like the timing was completely off), I just wanted to check with you what you considered to be the best game that was released this year on the Pandora . (Emulators not included, actual games). I guess most of the ports were done by PtitSeb, so it's likely your favorite may be among his work.

I don't want to make another stupid poll, so just mention what is your favorite and why :)

As for me, my favorite is probably Dune Dynasty, followed by Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Ghouls and Ghosts remix

Because it's the only native game that i played on OP in 2013 which i really remember

Freespace 1 & 2

I wanted those since the first day I discovered pandora!

Closely followed by Dune Dynasty.

Because Dune II is my first RTS and that one works really well :p

I don't play much these times, but i have some fun with Not Tetris.

I'd like to play more gng remix, at least reach level 2.

Stepmania, Microbes, Not Tetris.

Stepmania was a great achievement and a very good game. Game I played most this year on my Pandora - Microbes and had also some fun with Not Tetris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I just got a Pandora in 2013, so they are all new to me!  Streets of Rage Remake was awesome!  But it came out back in 2011 so....

I'd have to start with both Super Hexagon and VVVVVV.  Both run great, have a nice graphics style, and are really fun.  Freespace 1 and 2 are incredible space shooters that are deep, really fun once you learn the controls.  Quake 3 is also the reason I originally wanted a Pandora, and is as fun as I remember it.  You can't leave Drastic out of the equation, who would have thought a fullspeed DS emulator would exist on the Pandora?  While on emulators, comp4all revolutionized gameplay on Pandora and gave us a more competitive aspect.  As a huge MTG fan, Wagic on Pandora is fun as hell, I love it.  Having fullspeed YouTube playback using The Tube is wonderful, something that was missing when I first got my Pandora that I really enjoy now.  Those for me are the standout releases of 2013 (some may have come out earlier and I just got an update, remember I just got my Pandora this year)

For me recently, probably F1-spirit remake. Excellent remixed music, a challenging difficulty curve, and all together good fun. Recommended!

Edit: And Space Rocks is probably my favourite original game. It's a bit slow to get going perhaps, but the trippy space jazz soundtrack helps, but once you get on to some of the later levels, it's all about how long you can survive. Who'd have thought there would still be original spins on the Asteroids genre after all these years.

I don't know what is the best game, but these are the ones I spent most time on in 2013:

Ported games: Not Tetris, DreamChess, OpenTyrian

Original games: AquaVenture, BattleJewels, my own games ;)

I haven't had time to test everything properly, but it may be NotTetris.

Back