Best 2 Player co-op Games

Shameless plug: Ballerburg; you won't need that fancy controller for it though, just pass on the mouse :)

Edit: Damnit, this thread just reminds me of how much fun I've had playing System Shock 2's co-op mod with a friend. There's just too few good co-op games. I loved playing BF3 with friends.. they stopped playing altogether, I bought BF4, hate public matchmaking :(

Edit2: Turtles in Time on the SNES;

Last edited by a moderator:
Midnight Resistance
Loved this on Amiga, Just don't know how we would emulate the rotating joystick on MAME.
Well, I know how it could be done from a method perspective, but I wouldn't know how to implement it.
You could use the nubs (or analogue stick on a joystick), then you take their X/Y and convert to an angle from the centre "resting" position. Then apply that to the game engine.

So pushing the nub/stick up would give you an angle between say 0 to 20 and 340 to 360. Pushing it right would give you 70 to 110 etc.

Might just have to play the Amiga version, that supports two players

Super SWIV on the SNES had an interesting take on shmup coop. One player pilots a helicopter and the other one a tank, the copter doesn't have to worry about obstacle, but the tank can shoot in all directions.

Back