Beat2x V0.5

miq01

Website
Visit site
Well, thanks to Puck2099 here we have a new Beat2X release. He has added support for USB dancemats via dockstation.

We've been told it SHOULD work with any standard dancemat, but I haven't been able to test it as I have neither dockstation nor dancemats, so please if anyone has tell us if it does. But anyway, Puck has tried it with his device and it works! Of course, you can connect the GP2X to the TV as it'd be quite hard to play the game holding the console. :)

IMPORTANT: In order to make it work, you have to select the "COMBINED" control mode on the settings menu.

You'll find the binaries here. I'll upload the source code as well in one day or two.

THANKS A LOT to Puck2099 for his GREAT WORK!!!

beat2x-1.png

PS: NO STEPMANIA SUPPORT (YET)

The only reason im any good at beat2x is because it in no way involves a dance pad or any actual dancing.

I'm guessing not, but does this version have StepMania support yet? This is an otherwise great program and that's pretty much what I'm waiting for.

IntenseWage posted on Aug 19 2006 at 04:10 AM said:
I'm guessing not, but does this version have StepMania support yet? This is an otherwise great program and that's pretty much what I'm waiting for.
Not yet, but somebody is probably going to start working on it soon.

By the way, just to clarify, I forgot to mention that apart from playing it using a dancemat, 0.5 works with the buttons/stick as in previous versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy god, thank you so much miq01. You are the best. One question, how does the pad handle L and R?

will you ever incoperate a feature that could would allow the user to upload his/her song and then configure the song for a challenge.

PSyMastR posted on Aug 19 2006 at 05:22 AM said:
Holy god at thank you so much miq01.
Thank Puck2099 for this update as I've done nothing this time. :)

PSyMastR posted on Aug 19 2006 at 05:22 AM said:
One question, how does the pad handle L and R?
Oh, I forgot to tell about this:
L=up-left/down-left
R=up-right/down-right

clarky2o2o posted on Aug 19 2006 at 05:56 AM said:
will you ever incoperate a feature that could would allow the user to upload his/her song and then configure the song for a challenge.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. But anyway, in short term I'm not going to add anything new as I haven't got much time to code right now. Maybe other people will do it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you miq01 and Puck2099!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I test it on usb [don't remember this word] and it is work so good!!!

This is excellent! Are stepmania files already supported? If not that would be the next big thing....... and then it would be PERFECT! :)

Wolfsclaw posted on Aug 19 2006 at 04:36 PM said:
This is excellent! Are stepmania files already supported? If not that would be the next big thing....... and then it would be PERFECT! :)

miq01 posted on Aug 19 2006 at 04:54 AM said:
IntenseWage posted on Aug 19 2006 at 04:10 AM said:
Not yet, but somebody is probably going to start working on it soon.
:)

I believe he's asking whether or not a user would be able to add his/her own songs and then make a beat so the arrows coincide with the music.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 19 2006 at 11:04 AM said:
I believe he's asking whether or not a user would be able to add his/her own songs and then make a beat so the arrows coincide with the music.
?!!?

You mean it auto detects the beat and adds arrows? Thats retarded.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 19 2006 at 05:04 PM said:
Ok. If this is what he asks it doesn't make much sense to me as it would become pretty boring because most of the songs use that 4/4 rhythm steps. If he asks about a way to edit the steps from inside Beat2X, that would be very nice but I have no plans to do it.

XaMMaX90 posted on Aug 19 2006 at 03:32 PM said:
I test it on usb [don't remember this word] and it is work so good!!!
Good to know! Thanks.

I really don't get the point of it, but it's a very nice feature. To use it won't you have to be at a T.V., and have a dancepad? Ever heard of DDR?(i'm just bitter cause i don't have the money to get USB hosting to work)

Edit:A pic of someone using this would be pretty cool :D

yeah sorry for the confusion i was up along time :p

I was asking if it would ever be possible to add your own song and dance steps to it

i_am_a_noob posted on Aug 19 2006 at 09:22 PM said:
Edit:A pic of someone using this would be pretty cool :D
Phalex.jpg

Is this close enough? :D
Wow, it's finally become reality... :blink: I laughed so hard when I saw that pic for the first time... but I also wished it was real. Now it is! :lol:

Well I've used this, and unfortunately miq... it's good but not great yet...

You have to take your foot off an arrow before pressing another one. This isn't a problem when you play with the GP2X or a PS2 controller... but on a mat, you need to be able to keep a foot where it is, and only move the nearest foot to hit the arrows.

This basically means allowing 2 buttons to be pressed at the same time.

But this definitely shows promise. :)

And I may take a vid of me playing...

Back