Bbc Emu!!

Last edited by a moderator:
martin_F posted on Dec 12 2005 at 06:56 PM said:
One corker for the Apple II that isn't available for any other platform, that I am aware of, was Rescue Raiders. Absolutely brilliant game ... well worth a look for anyone getting into the Apple II. A few other Apple II classics that I enjoyed playing:
Damn Right!
On my official list of top 50 games I've ever played. Apparently it was remade as "Armor Alley" on the PC in the early 90's as a multiplayer game. I also have a copy of a Linux remake Copter Commander that was never quite finished...

Hmmm, actually, just checked out their website and it looks like after a long hiatus they are still apparently working on it:
http://coco.sourceforge.net/

Mayhaps we should drop them a line about a possible straight port to GP2X...

WhizzBang posted on Dec 13 2005 at 07:46 PM said:
That is a fairly definitive list, but at the moment you can only use this emulator for one game at a time. I am still trying to get the Chucki Egg config correct. The in game info tells you that ',' and '.' are left and right but when I use them in my config they do not work. I have also tried '<' and '>' as mentioned earlier.

GP2X_BUTTON_LEFT = .
GP2X_BUTTON_RIGHT = ,
I think the keys you need for the ',' and '.' will be COMMA and STOP.

Here is the full list:
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12
ESC, TILDE, MINUS, EQUALS, BACKSPACE, TAB, OPENBRACE, CLOSEBRACE,
ENTER, COLON, QUOTE, BACKSLASH, BACKSLASH2, COMMA, STOP, SLASH,
SPACE, INSERT, DEL, HOME, END, PGUP, PGDN, LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN, SLASH_PAD, ASTERISK, MINUS_PAD, PLUS_PAD, DEL_PAD, ENTER_PAD,
PRTSCR, PAUSE, CONVERT, CIRCUMFLEX, COLON2, EQUALS_PAD, BACKQUOTE,
SEMICOLON, COMMAND, LSHIFT, RSHIFT, LCONTROL, RCONTROL, ALT,
ALTGR, LWIN, RWIN, MENU, SCRLOCK, NUMLOCK, CAPSLOCK

Regarding the problem of not returning to the desktop - did you launch the emulator from the Utilities menu or the Game menu? In this version, the only way it will properly return to the desktop is via the utilties menu. This is a silly restriction, and I'll look at fixing it when I get a moment.

I'm working on an in-game menu to allow the launch of games without requiring you you to edit the cfg file, and yes a list of config files for all the popular games would be a great idea - or at the very least a menu (in the emulator) for doing the config.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Matt

bohemiath posted on Dec 14 2005 at 09:39 AM said:
Regarding the problem of not returning to the desktop - did you launch the emulator from the Utilities menu or the Game menu? In this version, the only way it will properly return to the desktop is via the utilties menu. This is a silly restriction, and I'll look at fixing it when I get a moment.
Rename the .gpu to .gpe (and give it a slightly different name so it doesn't conflict with the existing .gpe) to fix it ;)

woogal posted on Dec 14 2005 at 09:54 AM said:
bohemiath posted on Dec 14 2005 at 09:39 AM said:
Rename the .gpu to .gpe (and give it a slightly different name so it doesn't conflict with the existing .gpe) to fix it ;)
Genius, thanks.

Hi Matt. Are you planning on making it emulate the Acorn Electron too?

Pwwease :)

I gotta get Hopper running on the 2x. I've got it running on the pc but the sound choppy on it. (I've still got me electron actuall B) )

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forums, got my GP2x about a month ago.
Was extremely pleased to see a Beeb emulator for it.

Just wanted to say, nice to see Savage Pond mentioned! You don't often see it's name on a Beeb site but it was a good and very original game (although I think it was a port from an Atari 2600 originally)
Would also like to add 'Space Adventure' and 'Canyon' to the game list, both simplistic games but I liked them!

Would also like to mention http://www.beebgames.com as a pretty good site for Beeb game reviews.

Glad to see the development of the Beeb emulator is continuing as it was my first and still fave machine.

Well done Matt!

Rayek posted on Dec 12 2005 at 06:59 AM said:
We had Apple IIe s at my grade school. Not much on there except...
DEFENDER! Oh, jeez.

[/worthless comment]
We had Apple IIe's at my old elementary school too. I used to love it. All the games we had for it were educational though. :(

One of my favorite games was one were you operated your own lemonade stand. I forget the title, but it was a blast.

Gruntfuggly posted on May 24 2006 at 08:25 PM said:
CDs? on the BBC? Do you mean floppy discs? :)

:D Yeah, 5&1/4"s.. well they're almost the same..

Back