Battery is officially dead

second exodous

Advanced Member
I know I made a thread about my battery before but it was how it was 'puffing' and now it is a bit too large. The crazy thing is when my cell phone batteries do this the life on them suck but my Pandora batter still lasts longer than any phone battery I have had. The battery compartment is now difficult to close it has expanded so much.

It isn't a deal breaker, I mainly just use it to test out the latest software updates for it I see when I visit here and a few emulators. I don't take it traveling with me anymore so having it tethered to the charger isn't a big deal. I was actually worried it couldn't run off the charger alone, most phones can't operate without a battery but the Pandora runs fine running on the charger with no battery.

It is cool to have in my collection, but now more than ever I'm ready for my Pyra. . .

That's a shame. You can always use the psp or usb charger to play, you can carry a usb-chargepack if you need to be mobile.
And wasn't it the case the Pyra battery would fit the Pandora, but it was to bulky to close? That could work to then if you ever want to visit your Pandora.

Reactions: rSl
IIRC the Pyra battery is both wider as well as slightly more thick than the Pandora one. The idea as I heard it was that with sufficient wadding, the Pandora battery could power a Pyra.

Using a swollen battery is dangerous. It is likely that the failsafe mechanisms are not working anymore, so there's a risk of fire/explosion. (Remember the Galaxy Note 7?)
If I remember correctly the Pandora can work without a battery when it's plugged in. In that case you might be able to use an external battery if you have one.

Using a swollen battery is dangerous. It is likely that the failsafe mechanisms are not working anymore, so there's a risk of fire/explosion. (Remember the Galaxy Note 7?)

+1
please be carefull. lots of energy in a small space can act like an explosive when getting faulty.

+1
please be carefull. lots of energy in a small space can act like an explosive when getting faulty.

There have never been any issues like this with the pandora, and never will with the pyra either.
My 1rst pandora battery has swollen. but it became too fat to be able to sustain contact with the charger thuss not able to gather more energy. And so no fire.
The pyra have the exact same design for the contact and the battery rather safe.

Hey I have a few spares if you want one?

Can even meet you in the CBD, I will need to test them first though and that might take some time as I need to find them :)

Back