Separate Battery Charger

H

hakmanplayer

I was wondering if there is [or if there could be] a separate battery charger available for the battery the Pandora runs on?

I know i would buy it .

Any thoughts?

I think you can pretty much rule out an official battery charger.

Maybe some specialized charger (as used in RC) could do it safely but it probably wouldn't be very practical. I am not an expert though.

Look up the EnergizerXP4000 USB battery pack. Its supposed to feature a separate adapter that allows all internal device batteries to be charged externally and its that, rather than the USB pack that your after, though the pack would add yet more power storage aswell.

I was more interested in something that the Pandora battery could be 'seated' in to charge.

While one could be using the Pandora with an already charged battery.

Impossible no...probable....i haven't a clue :(

Like the Official SONY PSP wall charger?

PSP-BattCharger-pkg-front.jpg

damn internets stealing ideas from my brain.

seriously though it would be awesome although i think

A) it would probably have to be able to charge 2 batteries

B) maybe higher capacity batteries first would be a good idea(not that its a slouch now though)

still i don't know if its even worth it unless there are other devices that use the pandora battery.

There are hardly anymore original ideas out there, because you only have to think of an idea + Google and 99.99% of the time you'll find that it has already been done or at least thought of.
Would OP ever consider making this exclusively for the Pandora?

There are hardly anymore original ideas out there, because you only have to think of an idea + Google and 99.99% of the time you'll find that it has already been done or at least thought of.

Exactly. These days it's not about doing things that haven't been done before; it's about doings that haven't been done much before.

Exactly. These days it's not about doing things that haven't been done before; it's about doings that haven't been done much before.
I was just wondering if this could be possible , i did not ask for your pseudo philosophical opinion.

Last edited:
http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-XP4000-Universal-Rechargeable-Power/dp/B0029U2WTG - not only does this include a nice 4000mA backup up battery, but the EZ-charger adapter works on the Pandora battery when it's out of the case. A great product, I didn't shop for lowest price, just a link for descriptive purposes.

Twiitcher

I had NOTHING to do with it.

EDIT- just saw MarioPandio post after I typed this out. Sorry for the redundancy.

I can add that I actually purchased one and it definately does in fact work perfectly for xtra battery power (via usb), and for charging Pandora battery outside of the unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's what your backup Pandora is for.
Sorry i am not the' in debt up to my eyeballs' like you with 2 Pandoras. :D :blink: B)
Did you see my credit report? My debt isn't Pandora related, its called College/University. It is America's new form of indentured servitude.

I have two Pandora's because it is the coolest thing I've ever owned, and if I need to send one back for RMA, there's a backup, and it also works as a charger.

It's what your backup Pandora is for.
Sorry i am not the' in debt up to my eyeballs' like you with 2 Pandoras. :D :blink: B)
Did you see my credit report? My debt isn't Pandora related, its called College/University. It is America's new form of indentured servitude.

I have two Pandora's because it is the coolest thing I've ever owned, and if I need to send one back for RMA, there's a backup, and it also works as a charger.
um ok whatever. mr. indentured servitude[ with 2 pandoras].

Don't be so defensive,, chill out.

Just proves my point.

Hey why don't you go to 2 universities just in case you flunk out of one!!!!???

Last edited:
um ok whatever. mr. indentured servitude[ with 2 pandoras].

Don't be so defensive,, chill out.

Just proves my point.

Hey why don't you go to 2 universities just in case you flunk out of one!!!!???

Considering I paid for Pandora # 1 in October of 2008 and #2 in February of this year, I am not in debt due to the Pandora. What I said about college/university in the US is the truth, there is nothing defensive regarding my statement.

[rant]

My indebtedness to the US government is because I believed a lie that by going to the University and getting a degree, I would be able to get a good job. There are no good jobs left for the taking in America, and if you find a good one, you are very fortunate.

Regarding 2 Universities, why flunk out of any? If you do, you are literally throwing money away. All I learned when I was in high school was to go to college. Luckily I learned in college how broken the American system is, my predictions have panned out almost to the T of what I thought when I graduated in 2001. Wars, debt, US Constitution being worthless, corporate rule.

I have more hope in the Pandora than I do in a 2nd term Obama. All the flagsuckers are paving the road to hell and its not just the Republican party at this point. /rant

Back