Hey What About A 6000Mah Battery

Guys, nobody has pointed out the obvious truth:
That battery manufacturers lie about their capacity all the time.
I remember seeing a battery for the DS-lite that claimed to have 4500 mah. In a battery ~1/8th the size of the Pandora's. That wasn't LiPo. And cost about $20.

I have a PSP battery I bought on Ebay that says 3600mAh on the cover. I pulled it apart and found the datasheet for the battery on the internet. It was actually 1350mAh or around there. It sucked and it would just shut off when it got near low instead of allowing the PSP to warn the user that it was almost dead.

Has anyone pointed out that the battery from the first post is 7.2V which would fry Pandora to a non-functioning crisp?

Also, the Pandora battery was carefully designed to both fit the case properly and have all kinds of protection trip points to make sure you don't get hurt. I'd stick to the USB OTG port or DC adapter port for extended battery life using a supply that sticks very close to 5V.

If you even need it...this thing runs all week for me with random testing and listening to music with the lid down. Maybe for a long flight or something but it's quite impressive as is, in my opinion.

There was a post a few months back about a huge energizer battery that used the DC port. Something like 17,000 mAh.

Edit: I'm quite positive that I have got my numbers wrong, but it was something similar in specs. It was a huge amount of power.

2nd Edit: I DID get my numbers wrong. It's 18000mAh!!

GP32X - External Battery

Last edited by a moderator:
on my psp I wired up some cells from a laptop battery to increase battery life

I'm just going to trap someone in an endless nightmare and create a machine that can power the Pandora from their anguish.
I'll post the plans and CAD diagrams here.

lulzfish said:
I'm just going to trap someone in an endless nightmare and create a machine that can power the Pandora from their anguish.
I'll post the plans and CAD diagrams here.
Just keep repeating the phrase "two more months". Should generate enough anguish to power the sun.

Poem58 said:
I'm thinking of building an Arc Reactor and powering my Pandora "Ironman" style :D

That way I can use the glow to light up the keys and basically everything else.
How dare you steal my idea! :ph34r:

It's funny though how people think of the same things. :p

I have two 12v lead-acid batteries, each about the size of a brick. Each has 8ah.

Using a voltage regulator and assuming 90% efficiency, this seems like it would give about 95 hours of battery life with normal use.

I think I'll make a Pandora Box with a hard drive and these things in it, with a handle on the top. Maybe it'll have a long-range wi-fi transciever too.

atomicthumbs said:
I have two 12v lead-acid batteries, each about the size of a brick. Each has 8ah.

Using a voltage regulator and assuming 90% efficiency, this seems like it would give about 95 hours of battery life with normal use.

I think I'll make a Pandora Box with a hard drive and these things in it, with a handle on the top. Maybe it'll have a long-range wi-fi transciever too.
atomicthumbs, I know you're kidding but this is a super awesome idea. I may steal it from you :)

If you really need more juice then get something like this: http://www.powerstream.com/PST-MP3500.htm
I haven't tried it myself, but I'm looking into it, could be useful with a number of devices that I carry.

Why isn't anyone planning a case mod that will coat the entire outer surface with solar cells? Surely that would be the lightest solution to extending battery time?

My gut feeling is that the area of the Pandora is way too small to provide any useful amount of power via solar cells.

Tor said:
My gut feeling is that the area of the Pandora is way too small to provide any useful amount of power via solar cells.

Unless you left it on your windowsill all week in direct sun. We thought about doing that, because it would get us some publicity, but you're right, it would be about as useful as a match to warm your oven.

#1 GameMaster said:
Poem58 said:
I'm thinking of building an Arc Reactor and powering my Pandora "Ironman" style :D

That way I can use the glow to light up the keys and basically everything else.
How dare you steal my idea! :ph34r:

It's funny though how people think of the same things. :p

Another post here said you could power the sun with the "two months" anguish in a Nightmare Machine.
So here's my theory on how we thought the same thing.

We must have nearly identical brainwaves.

Now the reasoning.
I'm in Akron, you are in Columbus.
Our anguish provided enough power to create a large electromagnetic field around each of us. Our rather close proximity allowed the electromagnetic fields to carry our brainwaves the distance between our locations which is about 126 Miles. So now, the only thing we have to decide is who thought of it first. I thought of it only a moment or two before I posted it. So if you had thought of it before I posted I may have gotten it from you. I'm going to have to be careful what I think of from now on. They may not be my ideas!

And it's all because of the "two months" anguish. Man that stuff is powerful.

Back