Release Battery Cover Revealed

borgqueenx said:
is the mass production kind of producing all parts apart? and then just assamble everything together?
i dont know how it goes...
Yes. Every different piece is made by a different company. I recall someone mentioning that the keymats are already in mass production, maybe the boards as well. Point being that each part is being mass produced separately and being collected elsewhere for assembly.

Last edited by a moderator:
'WizardStan' said:
'borgqueenx' said:
is the mass production kind of producing all parts apart? and then just assamble everything together?
Yes. Every different piece is made by a different company. I recall someone mentioning that the keymats are already in mass production, maybe the boards as well. Point being that each part is being mass produced separately and being collected elsewhere for assembly.

so that means that the mass productions will start his week? :) nice:) even if it goes slow.

borgqueenx said:
'WizardStan' said:
'borgqueenx' said:

so that means that the mass productions will start his week? :) nice:) even if it goes slow.

We're still waiting for the new cases and CE testing, remember?

'dflemstr' said:
'borgqueenx' said:
'WizardStan' said:
'borgqueenx' said:

We're still waiting for the new cases and CE testing, remember?

mass production for the parts the pandora is using, i ment ;)

Well, if you put it that way, mass production started long ago (some of the screws probably got produced a year or so ago :p)

Sorry to low down your joys but... it seems to be all wrong :unsure:

The CE logo miss the number of the organization that do the tests.
Since it is a CE marking, you CAN'T use custom symbols. You must use standard symbols. I ask the quality manager of my company. He speaks to me about a standard (something like FD ISO 7000) that has all the symbols (it cost a lot :angry: ). But there is also specialized standard (electronic, mecanic,...)

You should ask the company that do battery about this.

edit: corrections thx dflemstr ;)

lol... so many reglementations for a standard sticker.

Anyhu it's easy to fall back to the standard ones right?

Well, I think that the OP team will take care of that when the case CE testing takes place (then they get the official logos etc).

btw:
une organisation/organism = an organization
une marquage = a marking
une norme = a standard
electronique = electronic
mecanique = mechanic

'Bonbon-Chan' said:
Sorry to low down your joys but... it seems to be all wrong :unsure:

The CE logo miss the number of the organism that do the tests.
Since it is a CE markage, you CAN'T use custom symbols. You must use normalized symbols. I ask the quality manager of my company. He speaks to me about a norme (something like FD ISO 7000) that has all the symbols (it cost a lot :angry: ). But there is also specialized norme (electronique, mecanique,...)

You should ask the company that do battery about this.
I don't think that's right. I wasn't able to find anything that said CE acceptance meant you had to use the ISO 7000 symbols, or any standard symbols for that matter.
The closest I could find to what you're talking about is in this article: http://www.eup.net.cn/en/shownews.asp?ID=671
1. All batteries, accumulators and battery packs should be appropriately marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin;
The crossed-out wheeled bin that looks exactly like the crossed out wheeled bin on the battery.

Add me to the list of people that want to know what that symbol that's second from the right means. It looks like a put in vortex indicator to me. Except that's wrong because the put in vortex indicator is circular.

Not that I'm really complaining, it's just that if I don't know what it means, then I can't actually do or don't do what ever it is that it indicates. Which would presumably bad.

Although, I'm not really sure why allowing babies to hug things is a bad idea, I should as my sister in law if I can test that out.

This is legal stuf.
It hates originality.
If you don't have to put a symbol then don't put it (you can have problem with it for no reason). If you have to put a symbol, there is a standard symbol.

I don't see why you want to put fancy thing to a label that noone will see... keeps thing simple. The more you complicate, the more you have a chance to have a delay...

I may be wrong but it just seems odd to me. Just ask a professional in the domain. It will be stupid to have another delay just for a label.

Don't worry, the battery label is fine as is :)
We asked the company, we checked the laws and tons of other batteries... :)

Take out your mobile phone batteries and check for some ISO numbers ;)
CE logo itself is fine.

Last edited:
Are the LCDs now already produced or not :unsure: ?

'EvilDragon' said:
Don't worry, the battery label is fine as is :)
We asked the company, we checked the laws and tons of other batteries... :)

Take out your mobile phone batteries and check for some ISO numbers ;)
CE logo itself is fine.
"the company"? the company who made the battery, or someone else in openpandora ltd?

I can't help it, but the second logo from the right looks like a swastika...Isn't there another logo that could be used?

'Eliminex' said:
Are the LCDs now already produced or not :unsure: ?
The LCDs were ordered back in november or december, the original target date for manufacturing the Pandora. I assume they've been delivered by now.

'LosOutlandos' said:
I can't help it, but the second logo from the right looks like a swastika...Isn't there another logo that could be used?
Just what is that logo anyway? Stuff going down the drain?

LosOutlandos said:

Hey, that's the famous 'smart recycling' logo! (White arrows pointing inwards, black arrows pointing outwards)
Don't remove it!

And I don't get why people freak out just because something remotely looks like a swastika. It's originally a sun-symbol, or a symbol for the wheel of time... Just because a guy destroyed it's whole reputation 80 years ago doesn't mean that it should be avoided at all costs (and yes, I understand the german culture and all that because I've attended a german school and have quite many german friends)

And that symbol doesn't even look like one.

'LosOutlandos' said:
for crying out loud. you could print photo's of hitler himself on the back of the battery for all i care, its a fucking battery!

Back