Release Battery Cover Revealed

I immediately understood that it was a "Recycle" logo. It's not too different from the US logo:
recycling_logo.png

Besides, if that's the logo the CE testing facility wants to see, then that's all that matters.

EDIT: It must be fairly common, as that logo appears on both my HP laptop battery and the battery for my HTC G1 phone:

batts.th.jpg

img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=batts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
'Chip' said:
batts.th.jpg

img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=batts.jpg
Sorry... here I come again :unsure:
On the example give by Chip, there is the UL logo (the US RoHS)... Well hmmm I don't care I'm in Europe ;)

chip said:
EDIT: It must be fairly common, as that logo appears on both my HP laptop battery and the battery for my HTC G1 phone:
Except the EU recycle logo also appears near to the taiwan one
Ah! just put some swirly arrows in - everyone'll assume it's either recycle or nazi's ;)

'Bonbon-Chan' said:
On the example give by Chip, there is the UL logo (the US RoHS)... Well hmmm I don't care I'm in Europe ;)
There are two batteries in that picture. The HP laptop battery has a UL logo, the G1 battery does not. My Casio digital camera uses a LiPo battery pack, and it does not have a UL logo either. Obviously it is not required for sale in the the US.

'Username' said:
What's the UL logo for then?
Underwriters Laboratories. UL is a US company that certifies products for safety. It's like the CE in Europe, only it came first and isn't an official regulatory body. There is no legal necessity for UL certification.

'Chip' said:
'Username' said:
What's the UL logo for then?
Underwriters Laboratories. UL is a US company that certifies products for safety. It's like the CE in Europe, only it came first and isn't an official regulatory body. There is no legal necessity for UL certification.

Indeed, it's a higher standard than the typical FCC certification and is done to give consumers an idea of quality above and beyond the required.

In all honesty, most of the logos make sense even though I haven't seen them before, but the recycle one just doesn't look like recycle. If you've noticed the US Recycle logo actually looks like it's being recycled. I'm not sure who the graphic artist was that did that one, but they didn't do a very good job of it. Unlike the other logos which while completely unfamiliar for the most part convey the message in an effective manner.

But then again, it might just be that I've got some idea of graphic design.

As for the topic at hand, I think hunter green with eggplant trim would look smashing.

'hedwards' said:
Indeed, it's a higher standard than the typical FCC certification and is done to give consumers an idea of quality above and beyond the required.
FCC and UL certs are completely unrelated. The FCC is a government body that is only testing for radio interference, while UL is a private company and is testing for general product safety. The UL tests are just to make sure that it is not likely to spray acid in your eyes or spontaneously combust if sneezed at. The qualifications are actually less rigid and cover fewer aspects of the device than CE testing. If it passes CE it will definitely pass UL, but since it's not legally required, there is no reason to spend $$$ on the test procedure since we already know it's safe.

About the Baby logo: I just looked at my Game & Watch Donkey Kong again and I saw this:

'Place this seal over battery cover to prevent babies from removing and eating battery.'

I always thought the Game & Watch ate my bateries, but apperently babies did that.

At one point during my high school Chemistry class, the teacher asked, "What's the most important thing to remember about batteries?"

I said, "Don't eat them"

I don't think anyone else got it. It was from Homestar Runner... the email about writing an englilsh paper.

grasshoppir said:
WizardStan said:
Nazis: More ecofriendly than you might think.

the logo means the product isnt eco friendly and needs to be recycled
Jokes: easier to miss than you might think.

Back