Bad News

Exophase said:
Obviously he's now saying that it has been scrapped.
With the upcoming fail at germany production it can tell anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the upcoming fail at germany production it can tell anything.
bwahahaha!()/ you're so damned evil :D

Dear fellows! Please stop arguing about nothing.
No matter if GPH will release another handheld, we should care about caanoo. As GPH never did that. As we know they failed. the only hope is You Devs.
If this information about death of GPH is a gosip, and they just want to sell more devices (as many will buy another as a spare console for future) And after some time and Change of a name, they could make another handheld.
Maybe ED had talked of a another device but as the sales aren't high the have abandoned that project. I Wish GPH had put more intrest in community here after all.

Leonar said:
we should care about caanoo. As GPH never did that
Is 'care' is some sort of fetish? GPH produced fine console, the users having fun with it (by developing/playing).

But some make <edited> out of themselves crying that GPH owe them something?

Edit:
Remove offensive remarks - Pickle

quasist said:
GPH produced fine console, the users having fun with it (by developing/playing).
Fine? by Releasing broken software center (which should support developers) they definitely made a FINE console. and hardware is not as good as is should be, analogue stick, it just a metter of few weeks (like in my case) just to break it.
With every another firmware system slows down.

Leonar said:
and hardware is not as good as is should be, analogue stick, it just a metter of few weeks (like in my case) just to break it.
And you telling about care while breaking it :D

Exophase said:
Yes, and where do you think zodttd got it? You don't believe he had direct communication with GPH do you
Alas, the bad lizard has never confessed to the crime, but I have long suspected it passed first to somebody who I would describe as slimy rather than scaled!

Orkie said:
Alas, the bad lizard has never confessed to the crime, but I have long suspected it passed first to somebody who I would describe as slimy rather than scaled!

Your trolling aside, I have good confidence that both of the people you're referring to had the same information.

And both of these people could be alternate egos of bad lizard that planned the faildora project years ago

Orkie said:
Exophase said:
Yes, and where do you think zodttd got it? You don't believe he had direct communication with GPH do you

Well, that might be because I never leaked the photo to anyone ;)
AFAIR it came from the spanish scene, which was pretty big as well and GPH sent it to some of the devs there...
It was a long time ago, so I don't remember for sure where it came from, but I know quite a few people got the pictures from GPH.
I do know for sure that I didn't leak it - as that's something I don't do.

And yes, they were working on a new handheld. When I visited them in Korea last year, I also visited their hardware development team as well.
They had an OMAP (Cortex A8)-devboard there where they were doing benchmarks.
I even took some pictures with my phone, I can look for them, if you want.

The Caanoo was released because the WIZ has problems with the OLED (the black plaque). Their plan was to have the new OMAP based device mid till end of 2011, AFAIR.
However, as the Caanoo didn't sell that good, most of the games they developed didn't even make it to FunGP (no idea why, I saw some prototypes of games last year that were nice-looking), they decided to not release another gaming device.

I'm still in contact with GPH (sure, I still buy Caanoos from them), both with the sales team and the development team.
I'm also in contact with the development team split from the original company.

Nobody said they will never again release a gaming handheld, but right now, they're not working on one and have no plans.

Last edited:
quasist said:
And both of these people could be alternate egos of bad lizard that planned the faildora project years ago

True, I'm actually ten different people at once :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
I'm still in contact with GPH (sure, I still buy Caanoos from them), both with the sales team and the development team.

Can you clarify on this, are you saying that a team broke off from GPH and is operating independently?
It sounds like there are 2 development groups one for vocamaster and the other for game devices. Caanoo failed so they sacked the game device group. Your last statement makes it sound like that group that got sacked are still together but separate from GPH?

Pickle said:
EvilDragon said:

Can you clarify on this, are you saying that a team broke off from GPH and is operating independently?
It sounds like there are 2 development groups one for vocamaster and the other for game devices. Caanoo failed so they sacked the game device group. Your last statement makes it sound like that group that got sacked are still together but separate from GPH?

I don't know the details, but I think it's a mixture of both.

Some of the gaming team is gone (i.e. Simon, Tony, Ellie, etc.) while some are still taking care about FunGP.
This gaming division is split from the company AFAIK (though still owned by GPH). They want to continue to support their customers.

And I think the hardware development team was doing both gaming and Vocamaster devices, so they should still be working with GPH.

Again, I don't know myself exactly they split things up. I just am in contact with some of the guys there, but I could try to clarify.

Last edited:
Wasn't GamePark Holdings formed by engineers that quit gamepark?
Maybe right now the GPH will throw away the useless managers to die =D and the engineers will get a production of new age GP2X

Since PR is handled by stypid managers that spent their hours grinding for a new S-Grade set, the all hysteria is displayed here

EvilDragon said:
AFAIR it came from the spanish scene, which was pretty big as well and GPH sent it to some of the devs there...
It was a long time ago, so I don't remember for sure where it came from, but I know quite a few people got the pictures from GPH.

Sorry, I think I may have given the wrong impression here - I didn't mean to say that you leaked the picture to anyone, but that it wasn't any news to you when zodttd leaked it. I'm sure you can confirm that to be the case..

Exophase said:
EvilDragon said:

Sorry, I think I may have given the wrong impression here - I didn't mean to say that you leaked the picture to anyone, but that it wasn't any news to you when zodttd leaked it. I'm sure you can confirm that to be the case..
Zodd's site is where I saw it first. Now that I think about it, I have no freaking idea why I was even at his site. I have never used anything he's made.

geise69 said:
Zodd's site is where I saw it first. Now that I think about it, I have no freaking idea why I was even at his site. I have never used anything he's made.

Probably someone linked to it from here..

WizardStan said:
EvilDragon said:
True, I'm actually ten different people at once :)
Not a single one of which gets any sleep :p
Documented proof that pissdora creators are bunch of paranoids =D

Back