Bad News

IMHO the situation is next:

(some loser losing his job in GPH ): GPH suck my analog stick! i have my final bitard revenge tacktics learned from shitty capitalist western countries over you
(crapix): gpH is out of bus
(bad lizard): +1
(Rikku2000): i got bad news for meh

So, does anyone know anything about creating a custom firmware with set deadzones? Someone mentioned it on here earlier. Also, if GPH aren't going out of business, I really ought to think they should release a firmware update that fixes the joystick issues. Should I downgrade to 1.0.6 if I am having these issues?

Dead zones are managed by the apps. The firmware only gives the pressure values, no more. The method for simulating a D-Pad is this: If you push the joystick half way or more in a direction, the movement is generated. If you push lesser than half way (dead zone), no move is generated. Some 3D games use real analogic info to move.

lnx64 said:
You say "some" but the only game I have seen to do this was Paper Wars.
Not only
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59923-adamant-armor-affection-adventure

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad I can't test that, the .zip file won't extract.

"Could not extract the file "saaa/maps/09.aaa": The archive file is incomplete"

That's what OS X tells me when trying to uncompress the zip.

lnx64 said:
Too bad I can't test that, the .zip file won't extract.

"Could not extract the file "saaa/maps/09.aaa": The archive file is incomplete"

That's what OS X tells me when trying to uncompress the zip.
I wonder why mac users are often called 'mactards'...
You first who experience these problems

1) Please check if you downloaded fully archive (and not trying open the file that still downloading)
2) Try different unpacking program

The download was completed, otherwise it would say .zip.download (btw, I work for Apple, so just letting you know, I know how to operate my Mac).

Other archive utilities had problems with the .zip too, and it appears the problem may be a file has a certain character on it OS X doesn't like, which is why it's tripping up.

Either way, Windows was able to extract that same .zip no problem so I was able to play it.

lnx64 said:
Other archive utilities had problems with the .zip too, and it appears the problem may be a file has a certain character on it OS X doesn't like, which is why it's tripping up.
Please provide/research moar information about what causing an issue, otherwise mactards will experience same problem over and over.

lnx64 said:
btw, I work for Apple, so just letting you know, I know how to operate my Mac
Sorry, couldn't resist to remember http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvX06-rCj2A

I really don't have the time to be researching something from someone who's being rather insulting.

I only help those who are respectful. Just like how I researched and discovered a few Wiz issues.

lnx64 said:
I really don't have the time to be researching something from someone who's being rather insulting.

I only help those who are respectful. Just like how I researched and discovered a few Wiz issues.
Sorry, english is not mine first language, I'm from country that lives almost like africa, and all I know about apple products is read from pubic resources of encyclopedia dramatica.

But your attlitude and strange issue you has on your operating system only stresses the image of mactard.

Too bad you do not want to find and proper documentate the issue, because it is for your fellow os users.

Us Mac users generally don't chose devices like a Caanoo and get other more higher powered devices.

I was the minority who doesn't even have an iPod and chose things like a Caanoo and a Nokia N8 phone.

lnx64 said:

To be fair, you're the only one having that issue. So many have it dowloaded without an issue.

It's either a iMac issue or a an issue at 18 inches from your screen.
Help your employer's customers ;)

lnx64 said:
Us Mac users generally don't chose devices like a Caanoo and get other more higher powered devices.

I was the minority who doesn't even have an iPod and chose things like a Caanoo and a Nokia N8 phone.
Sorry for asking about your personal affair, does your post means "I so poor, so I cannot be [removed] "?

Please note that most gaming consoles are made on east and in east they do not much tolerate [removed] stuff.

For sake of opensource handheld gaming I ask you to stop posting apple brands, otherwise much more apple haters will locale on you.

sebt3 said:
lnx64 said:

To be fair, you're the only one having that issue. So many have it dowloaded without an issue.

It's either a iMac issue or a an issue at 18 inches from your screen.
Help your employer's customers ;)
No one said it was an iMac issue, but I said it was a general OS X issue. OS X just doesn't like his zip archive.. What I did find, was that re-compressing the zip on my windows computer, let my Mac uncompress the zip without problem.

Do YOU have a Mac? Who here who doesn't have an issue has a Mac? No one has come forward with that information, so without that, how the hell am I supposed to know? I'm using 10.7.2 BETA, so it "could" be an issue with that, but when the developer of AAA said "Mactard" I lost all respect for him, and don't really care what happens from here forward.

quasist said:
lnx64 said:

Sorry for asking about your personal affair, does your post means "I so poor, so I cannot be [removed]"?

Please note that most gaming consoles are made on east and in east they do not much tolerate [removed] stuff.

For sake of opensource handheld gaming I ask you to stop posting apple brands, otherwise much more apple haters will locale on you.
You know what? I'm as straight as they get.

I'll leave it at that.

lnx64 said:
OS X just doesn't like his zip archive..
But I tailored that archive byte-by-byte in hex editor using dozens of manualz T_T

lnx64 said:
I'm using 10.7.2 BETA, so it "could" be an issue with that, but when the developer of AAA said "Mactard" I lost all respect for him, and don't really care what happens from here forward.
If you played AAA you should know how funny hardware wars could be
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caanoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,27,576

quasist said:
lnx64 said:
OS X just doesn't like his zip archive..
But I tailored that archive byte-by-byte in hex editor using dozens of manualz T_T

lnx64 said:
I'm using 10.7.2 BETA, so it "could" be an issue with that, but when the developer of AAA said "Mactard" I lost all respect for him, and don't really care what happens from here forward.
If you played AAA you should know how funny hardware wars could be
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caanoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,27,576
Winzip should be just fine. OS X has no issues with Winzip files, as Winzip and "PKZip" are the originals of the format.

Look, I don't want to fight.

lnx64 said:
Winzip should be just fine. OS X has no issues with Winzip files, as Winzip and "PKZip" are the originals of the format.

Look, I don't want to fight.
LOOK! I DO NOT WANT WINZIP AND OTHER WINDOZE SHIT!!!

Back