Avian Flu Risk?

Bert2.PNG

Is this some kind of poor attempt of scarying ppl away from the gp2x? :D

"GP2X, buy one today. Free avian flu infected poultry included!" ;)

since most things from cars, electronics and clothing come from the far east, we'd better not make any purchases of basically any kind whatsoever till this whole thing flies over......................sorry about that :D

I heard that instead of free carry-cases, pre-order kids will receive a slab of infected chicken meat. :)

Well first thing is it seems most of the Bird flu reports I keep seeing on Yahoo mention Euro countries so really you might want to be more afraid of getting if from down the street than from a boxed video game from over seas.

Jarska333 posted on Oct 17 2005 at 03:56 AM said:
Nuke the parcel from the orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Do you have stairs in your house?
... if so I'm obligated to say all kinds of terrible things about you and your mother due to the age of that catchphrase. B)

Eolair posted on Oct 17 2005 at 05:32 PM said:

Maybe he can't afford to buy one right now and hopes this'll improve his chances of getting one after the pre-order rush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Epicenter posted on Oct 18 2005 at 12:29 PM said:
Jarska333 posted on Oct 17 2005 at 03:56 AM said:
Nuke the parcel from the orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

... if so I'm obligated to say all kinds of terrible things about you and your mother due to the age of that catchphrase. B)

Eolair posted on Oct 17 2005 at 05:32 PM said:

Maybe he can't afford to buy one right now and hopes this'll improve his chances of getting one after the pre-order rush.

Oy, you leave my mother out of this.

But actually, I don't get the stair reference. But there are no stairs in my house.

And nuking from orbit allways works. B)

aQwaBlaz3 posted on Oct 17 2005 at 12:50 AM said:
With the avian flu going around Asia and soon possibly coming to Europe, whats the risk of the flu beign transfered to the console during the manufacturing/packaaging process? I just thought about this while watching the news. :unsure:

Hahhahaha i cant believe there are people in this world like you !!

You probably believe all those 419 scam emails sent to you from KING OBOGO who will give you 12 million.

Many many many things are being transported from China to the UK, many TV's, clothes, you name it theres millions of tonnes being transported. Why on earth on the TV havent they said this could be dangerous ? Because its not !! If thats not dangerous than 50 or so GPX2's being transported arent dangerous !

Christ some people need to get out more and stop watching X Files constantly. Its scary people out there think like this.

You'll probably think you can get AID's next by touching someone with it. Scary people like you think like this

Skitzo posted on Oct 18 2005 at 08:32 PM said:
Epicenter posted on Oct 18 2005 at 10:29 AM said:

I am protected.
Why is that? Because the bird flu virus cannot go up stairs? So you're saying that we can defeat this virus the same way the original Doctor Who beat the Daleks?

Blah posted on Oct 17 2005 at 03:45 AM said:
Most viruses and bacteria can't live in the presence of oxygen (no host) for more than a day. Almost all will die with a little water. And if your really paranoid, get gloves and wipe it down with bleach :p

Except for the fact that a Virus can't die because it's no living thing ;)
But it will most probably "break" until it's here :)

Last edited:
slygamer posted on Oct 18 2005 at 05:37 PM said:
Skitzo posted on Oct 18 2005 at 08:32 PM said:
Epicenter posted on Oct 18 2005 at 10:29 AM said:

I am protected.
Why is that? Because the bird flu virus cannot go up stairs? So you're saying that we can defeat this virus the same way the original Doctor Who beat the Daleks?

It's an inside joke unrelated to this bird flu business. You're reading too much into it. :)

Is it weird that I don't fear these sort of things? maybe it's because I have a freakish immune system. (Chicken pox only lasted two days and, I -don't- catch flus or colds.)

Either that or i'm unimpressed by the "flu" in the name.

But yeah, unless it's one of those freak flesh eating jungle viruses that can survive being boiled or frozen/dried out. You're safe.

Back