Flu, Or Risk Getting A Blu+?

HXC posted on Feb 14 2005 at 01:16 PM said:
Thanks guys, and yes it already has the FreeLauncher on there. Now I'm just emailing the guy to see if it does 166MHz =P

You definetly want a BLU. The FLU screen is terrible, the colors are very washed out, there is always annoying dust particles in the screen, the contrast sucks, and there are lines going through the screen causing a trapezoid effect and uneven lighting.

The BLU has none of those problems, much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Feb 14 2005 at 06:43 PM said:
HXC posted on Feb 14 2005 at 01:16 PM said:
Thanks guys, and yes it already has the FreeLauncher on there. Now I'm just emailing the guy to see if it does 166MHz =P

You definetly want a BLU. The FLU screen is terrible, the colors are very washed out, there is always annoying dust particles in the screen, the contrast sucks, and there are lines going through the screen causing a trapezoid effect and uneven lighting.

The BLU has none of those problems, much better.

Thanks, I guess I will have to try and find a Blu.... =/

I have FLU I bought from one of the Guru's on this board... the FLU's that were made just before the original BLU's and after are a very much higher quality devise than the original batch of FLU's.

Mine is one that was purchased about a month before the BLU's came out, it has no trapazoid effect, minimal dust and not only that they are relativley easy to seal against dust with silicone.

I'd go with later model FLU over a BLU+ screen any day. And if someone tries to scare you away from a FLU with those horrible screen shots that are floating around that compare FLU and BLU... that guy must have lived in a dust cave. I have had my FLU since early October and live in a house full of animals so dust was a concern for me... I have 3 tiny pieces of dust on my screen all of which were there before I bought the device.

as far as I'm concerned you should be more concerned about cpu speed than screen quality... and I'd always choose a proven 166 FLU over a stock BLU or BLU+. Would hate to get stuck with a pretty 133 mhz dud.

If it has a light at all then you should be just fine. I havn't seen a BLU in real life but I do own a FLU and it rocks. I'm sure the back light is nice but if you get a gp32 and end up getting a FLU you won't be disapointed.

toxibunny posted on Feb 14 2005 at 11:58 AM said:
HXC posted on Feb 14 2005 at 12:37 PM said:
Ah. I was wanting both OS9XGP and GPCine2 =/

I may have to go for a Flu...what are the disadvantages of a Flu compared to a Blu?

flu's screen isn't as good.

Just because it isnt backlit?.. it looks good enough to me IMO

i might try moving those lights to the back of my screen one day see if i can make it backlit... screw it. :)

DRmD works pefectly on my BLU+ - there's an option in the menu page to swap between Samsung and Taiwanese screens, which eliminates the grey bar.

Definately get a BLU, + or not. The screen difference between FLU and BLU is like night and day, it's really that dramatic. There really only are a few programs left that dont work on BLU+ properly... and no offense but, please don't base your choice on the SNES emu... I mean... come on. This emu has low compatibility, is slow on most games unless you play without sound... I mean really... you can't base your choice on that, and who cares about GP cinema 2 there are other ways to watch vids on your GP. All the other emus work great on BLU+, most new homebrews have an option for it... it's definately worth to get a BLU+ over a FLU.

Yeah, If you really want a SNES emu just get Snes9xGP instead of Opensnes9x (Snes9xGP is BLU+ :D ). And If you get an overclocked BLU+ at GBAX then you just download the overclocked version at gp32world.co.uk :p

For someone who has a Blu version what are the best emulators for
-Sega Master System/Game Gear
-Sega Genesis
?

Thanks for the tip on the SNES.

Atrloki posted on Feb 15 2005 at 07:50 PM said:
For someone who has a Blu version what are the best emulators for
-Sega Master System/Game Gear
-Sega Genesis
?

Thanks for the tip on the SNES.

Blu as in Blu+ ?.

For Master system = SMS32
For Megadrive = DrMD (Nothing else come`s close)

Trooper

Back