What A Day ~.~

Friar

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Whey! my 128mb smc arrived today, I thwapped it into my flu and went and dl'd the freelauncher pronto. Next I chucked gpcinema on there (wrongly) and an avi i had compressed earlier this week in preparation (cheers genmnx for helping me sort the cinema problem out) but still had no luck running an avi, gpcinema would load i'd be browsing the files but asoon as i highlight the avi it reboots the gp32? :(

I used the divx 412 codec, decimated the framerate by 2, bought the clip size down to the gp res and re-attached the wav track after that had been normalized and converted - avi works fine on my pc. Anyone have any ideas? should i try the Xvid codec instead?

Anyway after i miserably failed at watching avi on my gp i decided to install LittleJohn and have a blast of a few old nes favs (great program, recommended to all). All was going well until flu light died on me, eh? i'd been playing Lj for about a hour mayby on fresh batts and now my light was die'n on me the screen was flickering and flu was constantly resetting itself,

GAH!

In goes a new pair of fresh batts, and they then also died about an hour later?
so i went got some new ones, they have lasted me a little longer now, been trying out fgen with them (which is extremely impressive) and the light hasnt gone out yet so imguessing the first brand i bought were pish.

FGEN: Awesome job ryleh and friends, looks like i chose a great time to buy my first gp. ok not every game i tryed works but some worked great, without sound and with.

Heres my workin ones so far(not all have sound but all play pretty well):
Aero Blasters
Aero the acro-bat 2
Alex Kidd in the enchanted castle
Alien Soldier
Arch Rivals
Blades of Vengeance
Darius 2
Duke nukem 3d
Ecco - Tides of time
Ghoul's and ghosts
Hellfire
It came from the desert
King of fighters 98
Mcdonalds Treasure land adventure ~.o
phantasy star 4 - but everyone knows that
Pirates gold
Risk - whey ^^
Ristar
Strider - whey ^^
Shadow Dancer
Shinobi 3
Zero Wing

i also installed GPengine although ive not used it with anything yet - hats off to the creator anyway for putting puni puni poemi in there.

anyways can anyone suggest a possible change in setting for my avi? i wanna test some excel saga out on my gp :unsure:

Yay! Friar got his GP32! (This is mammothMA by the way) I'm still waiting for mine. Hopefully, it'll arrive on Monday.

The Avi should be :

Video:
320x240 or 176
divx 4.12
10-24 fps
80-196 kbps

Audio:
mp3
22050hz
8 or 16 bit
32 kbps
stereo

You never said what format you used for the audio, Did you convert the wave file to mp3 ?

Trooper

wait, are you using the free version of gpcinema? if yes, this one dont seems to work with freelauncher try with any other launcher (yafl,windups, pacrom,eufw).

and a side tip for betetr quallity, dont use divx 4.12 use xvid kopies build (newest version at http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/ ), and dont use decimite by 2 but conver to "something 10-25fps" i use normaly arround 15-20fps
oh and if you dont use headphones use mono audio

You never said what format you used for the audio, Did you convert the wave file to mp3

gah niceone,

wait, are you using the free version of gpcinema? if yes, this one dont seems to work with freelauncher try with any other launcher (yafl,windups, pacrom,eufw).

ahh! double niceone

Just tried the RIAA File, that worked with the freelauncher looked pretty good aswell. so i dont know if this
is right.

I remember, I had a GPCinema problem like that once....... Turns out, I had encoded the audio correctly as MP3, but at the wrong bitrate. Boy, I felt stupid after that. But happy I got it to work.

Well, there are two problems I can think of that'll cause it to crash on attempting to open the file. 3 if you include dead batteries, which I don't in this instance.

The first is that you are trying to encode in 2-pass, and you're putting only the first-pass file onto the GP32. They only contain data about when a movie is moving quickly or similar, so its fairly hard to play them.

The second is that the movie had a different audio frequency than supported. It needs to be a multiple of 11025 (so 11025, 22050 or 44100). So make sure in the audio bit that you go into the "Conversion" option on the menu, and change it to the one of those you're intending to use. Hope that helped :)

Glad you like the GP32 other than that annoying wossname - welcome to the community :)

Oh, btw, grab yourself a set of rechargeable 2100 or 2300 mAH batteries and a "super" charger (charges them to full in around an hour and tells you when its done - they usually come with some batteries of their own). It'll save you a LOT of money in the long run.

Thanks guys, got it sorted now jeghegy gave me a link to a detailed step though of VD, i had a few setting slightly squiff, all good now though and omg the quality is awesome much better than i expected.

Back