Flu, Or Risk Getting A Blu+?

HXC

Still Fresh
Hello there all!

I am planning on getting myself a GP32 soon, probably off eBay though. And I have read about the Blu+ problems and all, and wasn't sure weather to risk getting one of them, or go for a Flu?

Oh, and are the GBAX GPs Blu+?

Sorry if this is the wrong place.

Thanks

IMO get a BLU+. Most programs work on it now, and the ones that don't are probably being worked on. Also, BLU is easier to see the screen as it has a full backlit instead of a frontlit one. And yes, GBAX BLUs are BLU+.

bringoutthegimp posted on Feb 14 2005 at 12:02 PM said:
toxibunny posted on Feb 14 2005 at 11:00 AM said:
unless you want GPengine... and it's one of the better emus ;)

its a shame most of the games for it suck

true... Dr. Md has took over it in a lot of ways...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone outline the main apps/games/emus with Blu+ problems?

Some things that don't work on BLU+ which I can think of on the top of my head are GPCinema 2(BUT GPCinema 1 Works :) ), OpenSnes9xGP, and Numo (If that floats your boat ;) )

:EDIT: I thought GPEngine works on the BLU+...
:EDIT AGAIN: GPLinux Micro2 doesn't work :( :( :(

Ah. I was wanting both OS9XGP and GPCine2 =/

I may have to go for a Flu...what are the disadvantages of a Flu compared to a Blu?

HXC posted on Feb 14 2005 at 12:37 PM said:

I may have to go for a Flu...what are the disadvantages of a Flu compared to a Blu?

flu's screen isn't as good.

toxibunny posted on Feb 14 2005 at 11:58 AM said:
HXC posted on Feb 14 2005 at 12:37 PM said:

flu's screen isn't as good.

By alot? Or just a little?

I think I will probably go for a FLU, unless someone talks me round...

BLU is a lot easier to start and get going out of the box, because if you have to register, download drivers:)EDIT: If you need them ;) ), install Freeloader, and BLU comes pre-registered kinda. And when you buy the BLU at GBAX you get a bunch of extra stuff, like a RF Link, a CD full of stuff, and a screen cleaner :p

firefly1201 posted on Feb 14 2005 at 01:48 PM said:
BLU is a lot easier to start and get going out of the box, because if you have to register, download drivers, install Freeloader, and BLU comes pre-registered kinda. And when you buy the BLU at GBAX you get a bunch of extra stuff, like a RF Link, a CD full of stuff, and a screen cleaner :p

drivers need to be installed, whatever.

RF link is virtually useless.

CD full of stuff? downloadable...

screen cleaner? use your keks :p

freeloader... now, freeloader...

depends where you're getting the flu from. chances are it'll have freeloader already on an SMC if you're getting it secondhand...

if not, it's a bit of hassle, but if you're computer literate, you should have it uf and running within half an hour (barring driver trouble)

just the facts, ma'am... just the facts...

Thanks guys, and yes it already has the FreeLauncher on there. Now I'm just emailing the guy to see if it does 166MHz =P

Iif you're going for a 2nd hand FLU, why not just go for a 2nd hand BLU instead...?
The screen really is lovely.

ste_167 posted on Feb 14 2005 at 01:27 PM said:
Iif you're going for a 2nd hand FLU, why not just go for a 2nd hand BLU instead...?
The screen really is lovely.

Almost everyone on eBay doesn't mention if its a Blu or Blu+. And most won't know if you ask them. I am trying though, I've asked a few to do the test mode and give me the date =/

Back