Arch Linux On The Pandora

wejp said:
Sound works fine for me. Do you have any problems with sound in particular?

for audacity no devices appear in the preferences menu?

Last edited by a moderator:
peelie said:
Mabe you forgot to add your user to the audio group.

usermod -a -G audio user

wejp said:
peelie said:
Mabe you forgot to add your user to the audio group.

usermod -a -G audio user

great thanks can now see devices.

now how to enable microphone input for recording?

You need to use some sort of mixer application, e.g. alsamixer (which is part of the alsa-utils). With such an application you should be able to select the microphone as the recording input device.

wejp said:
You need to use some sort of mixer application, e.g. alsamixer (which is part of the alsa-utils). With such an application you should be able to select the microphone as the recording input device.

tried that unfortunatley it is not seeing the mic input.

hmm also cazn't seem to mount my second sdcard?
says can't read superblock?

i run command sudo mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /media

tried it with vfat switch but still no luck

Alerino said:
peelie said:
i run command sudo mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /media

nope, you should "sudo mkdir /media/sdcard2" then "sudo mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/sdcard2"

edit: about mic, this mweston's post should help

unfortuntely still getting "can't read superblock" error message

copy the contents of the SD to another location, format it on another computer and try it again... when all else fails, I save my backup computer for last...

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
copy the contents of the SD to another location, format it on another computer and try it again... when all else fails, I save my backup computer for last...

tried a different sdcard , no dice :/

peelie: has it always been like that? does it only happen in Arch?

I recall mention of some systems having a single SD slot not functioning properly... but I don't remember where I read that... if someone can reference that, I'd appreciate it... wondering if this is a case of that...

Looks like there is a bug in the kernel, that causes those problems with the second SD slot.

AUR WORKS!!! to an extent:
packer builds fine and is fully functional
pacman-color build fine and is fully functional
other small things seem to build well
packages needed before using AUR that are not mentioned or hinted at:
gcc, pkgtools, git, pkg-config, make, cmake.

no packages suggest or "depend on" these, but I figured out what was needed from the build errors. Pretty sure I'm missing a few, but I'll post about them when I remember them.

would love to set up an env on my desktop to build the heavy packages and install on here. tried to compile xxxterm and got tired after 2 hours of compiling and semi freezing (couldn't use the Pandora at all, but the time was still going by like normal)...

hey wejp, do you have any specifics for running your Arch build inside of qemu? would be cool to have an online build box for embedded arch instals.

keep us all posted on the bug fix. so far, prety happy with it overall... only issues that I've seen so far:

SD slot #2
screen does not turn off with lid close
charge, bluetooth and wifi indicator lights aren't working/setup

also having a DE issue, but may know how to fix it on my own... will post when I do.

good point, tempel... I do recall some of those packages being listed in the base-devel group (gotta love little nuances like that about packer). Will do that now and take it from there... Thanks again!

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
hey wejp, do you have any specifics for running your Arch build inside of qemu? would be cool to have an online build box for embedded arch instals.
The Plugapps people now have a page for just that in their wiki. This describes almost exactly what I did. Despite that I also set up a distcc cross-compiler to speed up compiling. This is actually very simple, because the distcc compiler does not need any libraries of the target platform. You just need to make sure it is the same version as the version used in the chroot environment.

wow! that is a beautiful sight! will do my big compiles this way (I think something was just hanging when I compiled xxxterm that time, because a later time ran a lot faster. The light stuff I am willing to do on the Pandora, but for anything taking longer than 5 mins, I'll compile it on my laptop.

On a side note, I ran into the most annoying issue last night after updating libwebkit... ALL of my browsers (which happen to be webkit based) on my pandora refused to handle cookies anymore. I was attempting to log into gmail and it literally told me that my browser didn't support cookies. I checked the config files for every one of them and they all SAID that cookies were turned on (in xxxterm, I actually have to specify which sites I wish cookies to work for, and I made sure to have google in the list)... I reset the Pandora at least 4 or 5 times and still got the same issue... downgraded to previous versions of libwebkit and icu and the error continued. Not sure if there is a 'cache' I can empty out to rectify this situation... any insight would be helpful. I think I will head over to the plugapps forum to see if they've made a subcategory for this branch yet so I can post the issue in the proper place (hard to decide if I should post issues in openpandora forums, plugapps forums, or arch linux "other architecture" forums... though I probably should just hit all 3 to make sure the topic is covered no matter what. :p)

quad:

have you done anything other than extract the rootfs, boot up and login? Changed any settings, tweaked anything... anything at all?

Back