Arch Linux On The Pandora

I have tracked down the kernel bug causing the keyboard problems, which you have probably all noticed.

You'll find some more information and a package with the new kernel on my blog: Kernel update

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
so does that mean we officially (inadvertantly) have a kernel package now? :p
Yes, indeed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
NOTE: this project should be added to the wiki... not sure who to contact about that...

http://pandorawiki.org/Software_projects

was it gruso?

Just add it yourself!

was just about to do so and realized that someone else already did... there are two sections for OSs... released and unreleased... I don't think they are organized well though, because I didn't notice the "released" one until after I'd already edited the "unreleased" one and had to revert my changes after the fact... :p

JMHO...

any good updates??? been kinda quiet around here... I hear the german forums have a bit of activity about Arch, but I don't speak german... :p

nice one wejp!

is there a list of packages available? trying to find a webbrowser to install, the Avahi one installed does not open?
also is it possible to change nub control?

cheers
edit/

doh avahi is not a browser!

You can use pacman to search for packages with "pacman -Ss searchstring". I would suggest installing midori. It works very well. There are other browsers available too.

It is possible to change nub settings. The nubs are configured through the kernel interface under /proc/pandora/nub0/ and /proc/pandora/nub1/ (don't ask me why it is located under /proc, I know it is wrong and shouldn't be this way). There are several files which you can use to configure the nubs, e.g. "mode", which can be "mouse" or "mbuttons" for example. You can echo the desired values in those files. If you want to do that permanently, you can add that to your /etc/rc.local script.

Yes, right in the menu at the bottom -> Exit
That brings you back to the login manager. Type "reboot" as the username and as password the root password to reboot the Pandora.

wejp said:
Yes, right in the menu at the bottom -> Exit
That brings you back to the login manager. Type "reboot" as the username and as password the root password to reboot the Pandora.

thanks

any recommendation for desktop environment? apart from LXDE or XFCE

edit

when echoing in rc.local the echo for nub0 does not want to stick to mbuttons mode? keeps reverting back to mouse mode?

edit 2

seems you need to comment out an echo line in .xinitrc

Code:
loading file "boot.txt" from mmc1 device 0:1 (xxa1)
0 bytes read
## Executing plain script at 82000000
script failed.

could be a bad SD card, I have had to re-format it a couple of times.... think I will grab another SD card soon...

peelie said:
any recommendation for desktop environment? apart from LXDE or XFCE
I mostly do not use those desktop environments at all, especially on devices like the Pandora, so I might not be the best person to recommend one. Both KDE and GNOME are way to big and ressource hungry, to run nicely on the Pandora. E17 could possibly run, but is still work in progress. You would probably have to compile it yourself.

curious, has a gpu driver been packaged for 3d accel in Arch4Pan?
There is no publicly available 3d driver for the OMAP, so no. But you are welcome to register with PowerVR or TI or whoever supplies that driver, check the license and create a package, if that's allowed.

wejp said:
There is no publicly available 3d driver for the OMAP, so no. But you are welcome to register with PowerVR or TI or whoever supplies that driver, check the license and create a package, if that's allowed.

I just might do that... as much as I wish to contribute, that would be something to look into...

Sound works fine for me. Do you have any problems with sound in particular?

Back