Beta Appstore

I would like to test the shop as well.
I do some web development myself. So I might find something I made wrong already :)

and +2 for AJAX. used wisely its very helpful for the user.

atomicthumbs said:
Ask Megabyte to DoS it :p
Not him, we want someone competent, capable of actually controlling their flood. His "attack" was more of a trickle. :p
See what the server does under heavy load, try to see if there are any unknown race conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind helping out with testing and other stuff

Spend most of my time designing publication systems end to end, which includes creating complete idiot guides to install/configure and test end-to-end

It will be a nice break from current cycle of design/re-design, again and again

I'd like to help as well. My record for breaking something is 8 seconds, but to be fair, it was a windows mobile device ;D

Criagix is the appstore going to be open source?

Also what vendor will you use to support payment to developers? I suggest google checkout. That is working out nicely on the droid market.

senorgomez said:
Criagix is the appstore going to be open source?

Also what vendor will you use to support payment to developers? I suggest google checkout. That is working out nicely on the droid market.

No it's not open source - it might be one day though.

I've got the code for paypal and googlecheckout working, the version I'm testing does not have the payments activated however.

I've sent the URL to some of you.

Remember by the time you visit it may well be broken by someone.

Oh, another thing, the apps are fake. (mostly).

If you want to upload something just use a jpg or something as the actual pnd file.

Lunatic said:
Should we post bugs here, or PM them to you, or something else entirely?

You can post there here, within reason, but I'm not really interested in HTML bugs if they don't effect the rendering in your browser, I know where the html errors are from doing checks on it. I will fix them in time.

Also, I know it does not work in IE - it never will.

Seems like I can reload the page for an application and rate it over and over again. I just opened the page for Firefox and down-rated it multiple times until it stopped saying "Awaiting More Votes". Is there anything checking whether a vote has been made for a particular item?

Back