Any of you write stories?

DrHAX

T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶ The Artist
As the title suggests, I'm an author. I dabble in writing as a hobby (Hope to one day make it a career :rolleyes: ) The pandora is my primary tool in this type of ordeal. So any body else here write? Any genres? Themes? Settings? What do you write, why do you like to write that? What person? 

I dabble in steampunk, sci-fi, and fantasy.

i prefer the first person narrative, but I do see times were 3rd person is valid. I just don't like writing in it.  Its hard to get the right vibe of smartass/sarcasm with 3rd person I feel.  :p

I'm curious to see what people like or what they read or emulate or what ever suits your fancy. :)

If you want to post up a sample go ahead. I think it'd be nice to read some stuff from the people in the community. 

I'd post a few of my stuff but I feel alot of it wouldn't be safe for the boards.

Yes, for all questions.
Do you write Yes

Genre, Yes

Themes, Yes

Settings, Yes

What do you write, Yes

What person, Yes

So you're that person when they see sex on application forum you say Yes? :p

I try with sci fi fanfiction at the moment. 

Going pretty slow tho, i always hop back and rewrite old parts. I am not a person with a plan....

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote some storys ages ago around my and my buddies "Sci-Fi/Action Universe" wehre we are the heroes and such stuff. :D  However, never had much talent in writing so I  just ended that. I also wrote one bigger Hentai Story back then which was surprisingly well recieved in an H-Forum.  But I don't see my talents in writing, I just can't express myself well enough to pass my own standards. That's why I also stopped with drawing comics. Especialy when looking how much more talent others have (deviantart etc. ).

I once tried to write a story when I was about 11 or 12.  The story was an extremely clichéd superhero story with each character being in my early childhood group of friends.  We wrote several stories together, but they were never finished.  Later on, I tried to write them in a "proper" fashion, but I quickly realized how bad it was.  If anyone wants to see a sample, just make a post that has the word "yes" in it. 

First person and third person are situational, in my opinion.  It all depends what you, the author, are trying to accomplish.  If you are focusing on the protagonist's inner thoughts and how he interacts with people/the world around him, I think first person works much better than third person.  First person is also nice when you want the reader to be in the shoes of the protagonist, although that is what second person is for.  Second person is extremely difficult to pull off without alienating the reader.  If you actions go against what the reader might do, it can backfire.  

-Glyph Reader

Nobody would believe half of what I put, such as the time that I got on the bus and there was a bloodstain on one of the windows or the time that I found a dead seagull in a bin.

Well, I believe those 2.

In fact, the latter seems normal. Someone would have found a dead seagull on the ground and then disposed of it. As for the first one, well, it's normal for huge mozzies to crash into windows, leaving nothing but a blood stain.

Another story that's all too plausible to anyone that works in retail happened while I was a volunteer at a local charity shop, someone took a crap in one of the changing rooms.

That's also normal (in my books). It might have been a disgruntled customer who wanted sweet (and smelly) revenge...either that or someone was seriously on the edge...couldn't wait anymore, as the turtle head was already coming out a.k.a. He/She was busting to do a Number 2 and the nearest toilets weren't at all near, so he/she just did it right then and there.

A mate of mine took a shit in a night club elevator once.

I usually write my own movie´s script, which is something I like to do.

My signature has a link to some of the older short movies I did, sorry the low res, it needs an update.

I´m helping out script on a long movie now and hopefully, I should do a project for a mini-series sometime next year (shooting the thing is anooother story $ :( ).

I enjoy fiction of any type.

As for the first one, well, it's normal for huge mozzies to crash into windows, leaving nothing but a blood stain.
Judging by the size of the bloodstain and where I live it was more likely to have been something like a bird.

Something that I was meaning to post about a while back was the vampire incident as I over-dramatically call it. What happened was Miku was pretending to be a vampire for some reason and ended up getting carried away and biting me, I ended up with a sore neck and what looks like a sore patch on my neck.

attachicon.gif
10147.jpg
Okaaayyyyyyy, that, I cannot explain!!

Since everybodys sharing I might as well share. Most of my stories stem from a universe I have created that involves a very paganistic  fantasy world set up with steampunk technology (and magic based upon genetics of individual mages.. ;) )

The world is basically a Continent with a history as vivid as Europe's has been.( I have all of my notes on my other SD card at my fiancee's  So I can't give the calendars of the world) There use to be 5 major countries at one point but after numerous wars in a period of 400 years it was down to 3, then the last war (which lasted twenty years.) made it become 4 (One of them being split like germany was after ww2) One of the countries that was invaded was renamed and was lead by the second in command of the rebellion army who lived their originally a few hundred years prior. Yes people have a tendency to live A long time in these stories.

If interested in some lore of my crazed stories here's it below.

The starting countries were listed from south to north

Morgal, Chaika, Farhel,Victoria, Corpis.

beginning of the revolutionary war, the three countries remaining.

Chaika, Victoria, Corpis (Which was basically enslaved by Victoria.)

After the war Chaika, West Victoria, East Victoria, and Corvus.

So every country has its own varied history which ties directly into the creatures most common from it.

Morgal was common for Mages, Satyrs, and Bonts. (An anthromorphic species that was enslaved almost instantly after the tribal days before the monarchies) 

Farhel was led entirely by Vampires and higher more "original" species called broods, also many native species of bonts and satyrs, ghouls (after the second war that took out Farhel officially.)

Chaika was known for Werewolves, Mages and Humans.

Victoria is known for Humans.. and had/still in the west has a tendency to destroy any other species (However human bloodlines were bred out quickly due to mages living longer and having powers and such. Victoria basically signed its own death by forcing breeding with mages instead of burning or beheading them. Which made for better inquistioners, but at the same time made Victoria no longer pure.)

Corpis/Corvus: Mages (specifically nercomancers, with white hair and paler eyes as the norm.), Demons (A species not from this world looks humanoid (or mage-iod in this worlds case :lol: ) .. usually have white hair and very varied coloured eyes.. Violet, Red,Blue, Gold, Yellow Orange, Etc. Not originally from the world, from a place that's tied to world and often used with swearing called the DeVoid.), Satyrs (Theres a hidden valley were a female society of satyrs live) 

Each nation has its own philosophy towards life and tolerances of other races.

Corvus: A nation after such oppression just declared F it and rewrote its social code and norms, Sexuality and racial prejudices are not really present, social expectations and norms are kind've tossed out the window as the society focused on freedom of life. Love and Romance are a topic most associated with Corvus and fierce military tactics due to the war still leave this nation feared to this day.

West Victoria: Highly racist and religious state which was isolated from the world, instead of being torched and burnt off of the map during the war.  Other species like bonts are usually killed on sight there and crime is very prevalent and ignored by the government, West victoria is literally a hell hole right now.

East Victoria: A nation trying to recover from the damages done by West Victoria. the actions of the west have negatively affected the east in numerous trade. East is more open then the west, but some stigmas left over from the west still exist. Racism and distaste of species are still present and many people there detest the other nations in the wars.

Chaika: an industrial nation that has a very clear line from the poor and rich. Political scene is very divided and people have stigmas against everything. Culturally more open then Victoria but not as free as Corvus. Bonts still have issues with racism, and the economy is constantly being altered by numerous banks and corporate monopolies are constantly causing issues for the populus. The nation struggles with self and has  love/hate relationship with Corvus. Interspecial relationships are not looked kindly upon in Chaika, same with homosexuals.. They don't openly admit they hate them but at least they're not lynching and burning like West Victoria  :blink:

Technology.

Steam engines are the dominant form of engine. The Automobile hasn't been invented same with airplanes, Zeppelins and trains are common forms of public transportation and horses and carriages are very prevalent. Electricity is present and has been for a few hundred years, AC current is the dominant form but most places still use gas powered lamps and stuff. Electricity is only used in heavy industrial applications or a place were electric lights are worth the cost, or efficiency.

Steam hybrid electric motors very common in many industrial places. Many things however are being combined with magic to create really crazy stuff.

Flint locks are still being used strictly due to their hand made abilities which makes it hard for certain species of mage to screw with them. Even conventional bullets as we know them today are rare and instead the needle gun cartridge was used because it had a greatly reduced chance of exploding in your face, by being tampered with magic. :ph34r:   Pin fire weapons are also used and such, but anything that is mass produced is easier to disassemble where it stands in a gun fight against a technomancer.  (Yes dueling is legal in every nation... however there are many duelists who make burials occur with a slightly shorter closed, casket.)

Guns,swords and blades are common amongst the average citizen in many nations. In Corvus especially. There's a "Successful" crime statistic in that nation because usually the person committing the crime doesn't stand a chance against their victim.

Agriculture is very dominant but industrialized with steam tractors and other such equipment. Much of the land expansion has not happened.  Many of the big cities just expand around themselves (preferring to reuse old buildings then build new ones,) and new towns and cities don't sprout up leaving many of the nations with large vast regions of land unused or even unexplored. Mages as a group just aren't that interested in reaching out into the wilderness and instead want to learn the world directly around them and improve it. They have little desire to conquer or colonize. that's why its gonna be another 200 years before they discover another continent.

Magic: As mentioned earlier mages have a tendency to do magic, but its based upon their genetics. Electromancers, Pyromancers, Geomancers, Nercomancers, Etc, etc all are able to do their form of magic depending on their genetics. Some mages can't do magic due to having blood mixed in incompatible ways. Potions enchantments are present due to them all being side effects of the powers left over from the influence of the DeVoid.

The DeVoid, Imagine a place in between dimensions of every parallel dimension  at the centre of the universe in every one, and  was the result of three infinite big bangs across the infinite realm of parallel universes.  A world were MC Escher like physics exist, time is borderline irrevelant,and many creatures have the ability to alter the fabric of reality as they see fit. It is a dimension of sheer power and balance. Everything is kept in check between two sides of powers called courts, White and Black, Light and Dark,  The court's represented power is equal and a courts reign lasts for millions of years, if a court is changed it has drastic effects on the universe causing shifts in the fabric of reality.  Since the kings and queens of the courts have the power to mess with the fabric of the universe if they see fit, though many of them care little about what goes on other then in the DeVoid many take a liking to the affairs of mere mortals and some times they threw monkey wrenches, or alter the path of history in order to preserve something they see fit. Not many people have made it to the DeVoid since its influence is corrupting and will alter or kill any most anything it touches (exception are beings or species that originated from the DeVoid). Energy from the DeVoid that is not bound to a court (Or from a fallen court that no longer exists) will destroy and counter anything from the DeVoid and negatively corrupt and madden, if it not kill, anything not from the DeVoid. These type of items have caused havoc and if used properly (or incorrectly) make devastating weapons. 

I'm glad I used a spoiler tag for this.. .Damn I could go on for days about my lore.  :blink: This is the brief to give an idea of the world version.... Nobody ask me for a detailed summary. I have one story I'm writing that's a fictional non-fiction account of a journalist who goes to Corvus to learn about its culture and such. :huh:  Not sure what that says about the thought I've thrown into this.

Having wrote that much about the lore of my stories has made me remember a horrible nightmare I had  where a story of mine was stolen and then it some how ended up being a movie directed by Micheal bay and featured numerous actors who weren't even in the ball park of what the characters were like.... I woke up almost screaming from that one covered in sweat. :blink:

Back