Any of you write stories?

Discussion in 'Offtopic Discussions' started by DrHAX, Aug 31, 2015.

1. DrHAX

DrHAX T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶ The Artist

As the title suggests, I'm an author. I dabble in writing as a hobby (Hope to one day make it a career :rolleyes: ) The pandora is my primary tool in this type of ordeal. So any body else here write? Any genres? Themes? Settings? What do you write, why do you like to write that? What person? 

I dabble in steampunk, sci-fi, and fantasy.

i prefer the first person narrative, but I do see times were 3rd person is valid. I just don't like writing in it.  Its hard to get the right vibe of smartass/sarcasm with 3rd person I feel.  :p

I'm curious to see what people like or what they read or emulate or what ever suits your fancy. :)

If you want to post up a sample go ahead. I think it'd be nice to read some stuff from the people in the community. 

I'd post a few of my stuff but I feel alot of it wouldn't be safe for the boards.

Tags:
    Nintendo likes this.
  2. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

Yes, for all questions.

3. DrHAX

DrHAX T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶ The Artist

Do you write Yes

Genre, Yes

Themes, Yes

Settings, Yes

What do you write, Yes

What person, Yes

So you're that person when they see sex on application forum you say Yes? :p

Tenka likes this.
  4. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

Yes.

DrHAX likes this.
  5. Elw3

Elw3 ƐʍlƎ

I try with sci fi fanfiction at the moment. 

Going pretty slow tho, i always hop back and rewrite old parts. I am not a person with a plan....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
  6. fusion_power

fusion_power Advanced Member

I wrote some storys ages ago around my and my buddies "Sci-Fi/Action Universe" wehre we are the heroes and such stuff. :D  However, never had much talent in writing so I  just ended that. I also wrote one bigger Hentai Story back then which was surprisingly well recieved in an H-Forum.  But I don't see my talents in writing, I just can't express myself well enough to pass my own standards. That's why I also stopped with drawing comics. Especialy when looking how much more talent others have (deviantart etc. ).

7. _wb_

_wb_ Microbe Staff Member

I write, on my Pandora, in Dutch. I'm currently finishing a book, speculative fiction, about 95,000 words.

DrHAX and comradekingu like this.
  8. Nintendo

Nintendo Nintendo Switch

I used to write. Mainly fictional stuff, but secretly based on my life. I stopped because I was afraid people would think it's messed up, as my life then was really messed up. :(

DrHAX and comradekingu like this.
  9. Glyph Reader

Glyph Reader Member

I once tried to write a story when I was about 11 or 12.  The story was an extremely clichéd superhero story with each character being in my early childhood group of friends.  We wrote several stories together, but they were never finished.  Later on, I tried to write them in a "proper" fashion, but I quickly realized how bad it was.  If anyone wants to see a sample, just make a post that has the word "yes" in it. 

First person and third person are situational, in my opinion.  It all depends what you, the author, are trying to accomplish.  If you are focusing on the protagonist's inner thoughts and how he interacts with people/the world around him, I think first person works much better than third person.  First person is also nice when you want the reader to be in the shoes of the protagonist, although that is what second person is for.  Second person is extremely difficult to pull off without alienating the reader.  If you actions go against what the reader might do, it can backfire.  

-Glyph Reader

10. comradekingu

comradekingu Glowing ember

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
  11. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

My shell script comments are a work of art.

DrHAX likes this.
  12. Cerbera

Cerbera Ecnes

I don't write stories, I live them. ;)

13. Nintendo

Nintendo Nintendo Switch

Why not write about your life? An autobiography?

14. Cerbera

Cerbera Ecnes

Nobody would believe half of what I put, such as the time that I got on the bus and there was a bloodstain on one of the windows or the time that I found a dead seagull in a bin.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
  15. Nintendo

Nintendo Nintendo Switch

Well, I believe those 2.

In fact, the latter seems normal. Someone would have found a dead seagull on the ground and then disposed of it. As for the first one, well, it's normal for huge mozzies to crash into windows, leaving nothing but a blood stain.

16. Cerbera

Cerbera Ecnes

Another story that's all too plausible to anyone that works in retail happened while I was a volunteer at a local charity shop, someone took a crap in one of the changing rooms.

17. Nintendo

Nintendo Nintendo Switch

That's also normal (in my books). It might have been a disgruntled customer who wanted sweet (and smelly) revenge...either that or someone was seriously on the edge...couldn't wait anymore, as the turtle head was already coming out a.k.a. He/She was busting to do a Number 2 and the nearest toilets weren't at all near, so he/she just did it right then and there.

A mate of mine took a shit in a night club elevator once.

18. Cerbera

Cerbera Ecnes

Judging by the size of the bloodstain and where I live it was more likely to have been something like a bird.

Something that I was meaning to post about a while back was the vampire incident as I over-dramatically call it. What happened was Miku was pretending to be a vampire for some reason and ended up getting carried away and biting me, I ended up with a sore neck and what looks like a sore patch on my neck.

10147.jpg

19. erico

erico Advanced Member

I usually write my own movie´s script, which is something I like to do.

My signature has a link to some of the older short movies I did, sorry the low res, it needs an update.

I´m helping out script on a long movie now and hopefully, I should do a project for a mini-series sometime next year (shooting the thing is anooother story $ :( ).

I enjoy fiction of any type.

20. Nintendo

Nintendo Nintendo Switch

Okaaayyyyyyy, that, I cannot explain!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016