Any News From The Assembly Line ?

EvilDragon said:
I think I posted the same information about the 200 Pandoras built right now in about four different threads... and we even have that stalker site which grabs every post me or Craig does from the boards...
So if anyone REALLY is interested what is happening right now... how could he overseen those many posts? :eek:

Nice, sounds cool.
Many people are blind as bats in here and that's includes me lol :D

Last edited by a moderator:
GizmoTheGreen said:
I check that stalker site alteast once an hour, and up to 8 times an hour.
And I got my pandora already, haha
:lol:

EvilDragon said:
I think I posted the same information about the 200 Pandoras built right now in about four different threads... and we even have that stalker site which grabs every post me or Craig does from the boards...
So if anyone REALLY is interested what is happening right now... how could he overseen those many posts? :eek:

Because this doesn't give me anything without perspective, which I thought I had and no longer have. I'd like to know if MY Pandora is among those 200 - Recently I found out there are multiple Pandora stores, and that my line estimate may not mean anything - this is my big cause of frustration.

spikeyxx said:
EvilDragon said:

Because this doesn't give me anything without perspective, which I thought I had and no longer have. I'd like to know if MY Pandora is among those 200 - Recently I found out there are multiple Pandora stores, and that my line estimate may not mean anything - this is my big cause of frustration.

Assume, then, that it doesn't mean anything. Be happy when it arrives. Problem solved.

Hi ED :)

EvilDragon said:

As I previously said, I (and I think the others too) DO know that there are 200 Pandoras being built right now, yet it's not what I was asking in my initial post...

And telling your customers to rely on a third party site for bits of official information is not the solution...

So, how is the assembly going ? Is the hired team doing a good job ? Simple questions, simple answers...

6 p.m here, still no shipping confirmation mail ;)

Bye, Magic Sam

Honestly, if there was anything more exciting to tell you all, wouldn't you think that Craig or whoever would already have said it? As in, wouldn't that be the absolutely easiest way for Craig to get a few moments of peace from this constant nagging? So if noone says anything, nothing exciting happens. If you can't handle the worries about your queue number, then chuck it and forget about it.

Edit: The "chuck it" refers to the queue number - I.e. Forget about the queue number and be pleasantly surprised when it arrives. It is not to be read as a version of "Cancel your order".

Moxie, I'm asking these questions, and being upfront about my intention to cancel because I've had the mindset that I would wait, and that it would "arrive when it arrives" for a long time, but I'm no longer willing to do that. Other than a few posts in two years I haven't spat my dummy out (I think a lot of us are guilty of this) but now it's make or break time for me. Units are shipping out, which is great on the one hand, and I'm happy for the people who have received them, but that excitement has worn of, and now I want a clearer perspective of when mine will.

For example - if it's going to take a month - I can deal with that,
If it's going to take 2, I'll have to give it some though.
I it's going to take 3+ I'm done, and I'll be sending my email through to cancel.

I just want some perspective to be able to make that decision.

Magic Sam said:
So, how is the assembly going ? Is the hired team doing a good job ? Simple questions, simple answers...

I'm in Germany, I have no idea.

6 p.m here, still no shipping confirmation mail ;)

You DO know it's Sunday? :)

Last edited:
mr.miyagi said:
I think it is unbelievable that they have come so far with this pandora, especially when many guys in here act like children for Christmas that can't open their presents before evening.
Except it is nearly 6 months after Christmas now!

The problem is that many of the questions that people want to know are things that can't be answered. Like when will my pandora ship? The OP team doesn't know when the new cases will be ready because every estimate in the past has been terribly wrong. So I think that it's better to say "we are working hard and every pandora will be ready as fast as we can make them".

Questions that are repeated like how many pandoras has been shipped so far and how is the assembly going are questions that we can approximate quite good from the information we already have. But the detail of information that many wants to know: exactly how many pandoras have been shipped (i.e counter on the website etc) or how is the assambly going yesterday, today etc doesn't make sense. We know that they work hard there is no point in knowing every little detail. We know that they are building 200 pandoras now. After that they need more cases. What else could we possible want to know?

LuvClub said:
mr.miyagi said:
I think it is unbelievable that they have come so far with this pandora, especially when many guys in here act like children for Christmas that can't open their presents before evening.
Except it is nearly 6 months after Christmas now!

He he, didn't you know that every day is like Christmas in Denmark. :D :p

If some people are so tired of waiting, then they have their opportunity to cancel their order and others will get their pandoras instead. ;)

Probably a bit misleading to suggest no other company gives as much info.

No other company has taken one and a half years longer than my original estimated ship date for which I purchased the product. While I can no doubt sympathise with the situation of not wanting to give out what you don't know, from an on looker it looks far more like not giving information you don't want us to know.

In the world of communications technology we now live in, where bizarre numbers of people post their every move on the internet it shouldn't be difficult to post a relatively innocuous message on a daily or bi-daily basis. I have had no direct correspondence from Open Pandora since 01/10/2009 which is nearly eight months. To be fair it did suggest it was the last I would hear from them before shipped ;p

EvilDragon said:
I'm in Germany, I have no idea.
I know that, but Craig who is on the assembly site didn't answer these simple questions...
And are you trying to tell us that, this very important week, while you and MWeston had left, and Craig had to find and train a new team, you didn't know what was going on ? You're kidding me, right ?
You DO know it's Sunday? :)
Actually I was expecting a shipping confirmation mail Friday or yesterday, "by the end of this week", you know...
Bye, thanks for all your hard work, Magic Sam

Seriously for $20,000, I'll move to the UK and chill on the front stoop of the hall. Sending updates whenever a box comes or goes. For $30,000, I'll even dress as a spy.
"
If the forum regulars can raise the funds, I'll quit my job and do it.

Xenu said:
[...]and how is the assembly going are questions that we can approximate quite good from the information we already have.
Could you please point me the post where the team tells us how is the new hired team going, I didn't find it...
We know that they are building 200 pandoras now. After that they need more cases. What else could we possible want to know?
Winning numbers of the National Lottery ? ;)
Bye, Magic Sam

It is getting rather silly and once again the teams awful communication is the cause.

I spent £200 plus to buy a device and have been repeatedly told shipping dates that we are now months past! the ONLY reason I have any idea whats happening is because I frequent these forums!

I have had no apology or explanation from the company who I gave my money to through any sort of official channel. I would at least expect the occasional E-mail.

I am according to OP around 300 in the queue with Craig and have heard nothing, I had hoped that I would get one of the first 500 but I appreciate I may have just missed out as 150 or so have gone to other shops.

But the least they could do is for CRAIGs shop! not the whole OP project tell us how many Pandoras they have had and shipped out!

then at least i would have some idea when to expect this frequently delayed device, I normally love purchasing from small companies as you get much better costomer service but with Craig its the opposite!

Ed's comments on page 2 are frankly ridiculous! WE are stupid for not knowing or reading whats happening... how about they tell us, WE are the customers and without us they have nothing.

EDIT: I should point out that yes I am aware that I am 'lucky' to be in the first few hundred and I am aware that others have MUCH longer to wait and no even less! I feel sorry for them too.

stustaff said:
WE are the customers and without us they have nothing.
224,98 GBP (the price I paid) x 4000 (guys who preordered) = 899 920 GBP
Bye, Magic Sam

Dunny said:
DixieDawg said:
Agreed. Would sure like a status report from the front lines. In this case I'm afraid no news is bad news. I would like to be wrong of course. :)

Historically speaking, "no news" from Craig is bad news. Before every major delay, there's been a good long period of silence from Craig.

D.

I am surprised you guys are acting like Jerks about the current progress. Hasn't the teams years of dedication to a always complicated project shown you that they're devoted to the product?
Id say the slow down in info is a sign that they are working hard to get you the Pandora's you guys bitch so much about.

Please give these guys a modicum of respect instead of letting your impatience ruin a good thing.

Again I think we're getting to a point where people are demanding things that the team isnt comfortable answering because even THEY dont have the info to give an answer that everyone will be happy with. If they give an estimate like all 1000 will be completed by the end of the month and someone who was told that they're in the 800-900 range still doesnt get a shipping confirmation email by July then there'll be rage regardless of the reason that it didnt happen. They dont ship them to customers directly from the hall so all the build crew knows is that they made x amount of systems so far.

Frankly it seems to me that giving out queue information created an expectation that may be leading to some of the disappointment. If the GBAX queue doesnt take into account ED's queue and ED gets a quarter of the first 1000 than someone told they're around 800-900 may not get their system until china ships the rest of the 3000 cases which is going to be well into July if they can mange to ship at all in the next two months. I'm not trying to stir things up, I'm just being realistic, but no one really wants to hear that and if they're really in the heat of trying to buid these things the last things they want to do is step into the forums, create a huge flame war and then have to spent 8 hours trying to calm people down.

I honestly didnt even want to know my place in the queue because I didnt want to be sitting on pins and needles, but while confirming my shipping info my place was revealed to me along with a suggestion that my Pandora should be shipping before the end of the month in time for a trip I was planning. As much as I love the ladies and their helpfulness in giving me the information they did, I feel this was a mistake to suggest that because for all anyone knows there could be a week long delay that keeps my Pandora from going out.

Yep.I think they are focusing hard on quality control.My guess is they have streamlined it and are doing it more in batches,ie200 according to a system.Ed said before that fatih is handling the cases,I doubt he wants to keep annoying
fatih,with questions.Im sure we will hear when it is time. :)

@moxie

While I do agree with you (in terms of just being patient), I feel it's a bit naive to berate those who feel like they need answers. You *always* have to remember that OP used *our* money to fund this project. Therefore, *to some people* we are in a sense, investors. And our only return is the Pandora (which I accept as a proper return for my money, instead of interest).

And believe me, investors come down MUCH harder on the investee than this forum has. It's been close to 20 months that OP has had my money. *I* know I can honestly see my return materialize within the next two months.

However, calling people stupid and comparing them to 6 year olds (they would have been 4-ish when this project started btw) is uncalled for IMO. It doesn't seem like you are recognizing this angle, so I thought I'd highlight it for you.

Again, I *do* agree with you that we should be patient.

Back