Any Units Left From The First Batch?

_VWV_

Website
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
A question to the PANDA team.
Just In case, there might be some cancellations. or reorder problems. So I wonder if some units from the first batch are left unsold.
And there are some, do we have a kind of a queue for the unsold units?
I'd really like to have one with 256MB of RAM. Though I do realize that the second batch may come with 512MB ;) Ubuntu, that's being ported to ARMv7 will work better with 512MB.
So what is the extent of problems/cancellations/etc? Is there any chance for willingers like me to get one?

_VWV_ said:
A question to the PANDA team.
Just In case, there might be some cancellations. or reorder problems. So I wonder if some units from the first batch are left unsold.
And there are some, do we have a kind of a queue for the unsold units?
I'd really like to have one with 256MB of RAM. Though I do realize that the second batch may come with 512MB ;) Ubuntu, that's being ported to ARMv7 will work better with 512MB.
So what is the extent of problems/cancellations/etc? Is there any chance for willingers like me to get one?
There is no queue at this time. Any extra units from the first batch will be put up for sale, but we probably won't even start to figure out the logistic of this until those that are already sold have shipped. All batches for the foreseeable future will have 256MB of RAM, as I am not aware of any plans for 512MB PoP modules any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username said:
I think they are going to be used as backups in case of defective units.
Some will be. We're making more than were ordered for this purpose. But there are going to be at least a few extra units that had their orders canceled. Those will probably be put up for sale once everybody else is taken care of.

Chip said:
All batches for the foreseeable future will have 256MB of RAM, as I am not aware of any plans for 512MB PoP modules any time soon.
Yeah, Yeah...
Any way the number of units up for sale will be limited I suppose. And the number of willingers will be like 10 times more. If there's no special mechanism it'll be messy. It's like distributing 10 portions of bread to 100 people dying from starvation. Not nice!

Back